Hosta 9 Bare Roots

Hosta 9 Bare Roots

3 Likes

I love hostas but they grow very quickly and spread fast, but they sure look nice in my landscaped flower beds.

6 Likes

How do you control the rapid growth you mention, please? If it is in a plantar that fors the edge of a property? Do you transplant? Prune back? If not does it look weedy? Or do they start to slow down if next to each other?

Are their dwarf varieties that stay under 1 foot without cutting back?

Thanks.

4 Likes

Hosts can be divided and given to great neighbours. That is the best form of control… I love hostas.

6 Likes

I bought these a while back and immediately put them in pots. So far only one has sprouted.

1 Like

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please contact Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48 hours for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

2 Likes

Beautiful plants, but if you have a pet you will need to pay attention to them around your Hosta plants. The toxins glycoside saponins in the Hosta plant are poisonous for pets.

1 Like

That wasn’t my experience. Took a long time to grow in my beds. Then a worker killed them against my instructions. I guess he thought they were weeds. That’s how small they were. And mine were already growing above the soil about 8 inches long when I bought them!

2 Likes

Dang, I would’ve been upset if my plants/flowers were damaged by someone. I hope I’d you plant more that they grow beautifully.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the deer like them too!

4 Likes

We do plan to get more hostas but bigger ones so they don’t look so new. Workers thought my Jasmine, hybrid antique, and climbing roses were weeds, too. Must have been the the thorns. It was winter and nothing was blooming. Thankfully they left my border grass and miniature gardenias.

My husband supervised maintenance and grounds too long. He didn’t realize these guys needed specifics and he left right after to join me on a visit somewhere else. Sigh.

It was an expensive and disappointing lesson. All must be replanted. Don’t make our mistake!

2 Likes

Gardener helpers alas, often include pickup crews with no training.

1 Like

Mine never grew at all. Paid for nothing

Reach out to CS. They’ll have some options for you.

Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

2 Likes