Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike Unisex 21-Speed

Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike Unisex 21-Speed

3 Likes

What is the bike made out of? Steel? Aluminum? Mix?

2 Likes

I see this in the photos:

1 Like

There are 4 different Discover models listed on the Schwinn site but all of them appear to be aluminum frame…The model number for the Woot listing would be helpful to confirm actual specs.

Maybe there are multiple models depending on whether you choose the small or medium frame…Specs of the four in the search seem to indicate the Discover 2 Step-Through would be the small frame at 15" vs 17" for the other 3 models…

2 Likes

I would like to know what model of this Discover? Please advise!

1 Like

Hi there. These are being pulled from Amazon inventory so we don’t have a lot of information. Here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030UESQY

2 Likes

Based on the Amazon listing @ThunderThighs
pasted above these are the correct specs for each option.

Black/Med Frame - S5396

White/Small Frame - S5397

3 Likes

What makes this bike a hybrid? That it’s unisex? I see that word thrown around to sometimes indicate battery assistance.

2 Likes

It’s whatever sex you want it to be. It’s 2023 now, free yourself from traditional gender roles!

The suspension fork is on mountain bikes so maybe that’s where they’re getting the “hybrid” moniker.

Only Schwinn would know and these bikes are too inexpensive for the bike snobs to comment.

2 Likes

the small frame bike is women’s and the medium frame bike is men’s. you can look at the top frame tube to decipher this unisex confusion. what curious is the specs say 28"tires.
the term hybird is derived from the upright seating position and the style of handlebars, as opposed to a mountain bikes handlebars and crouched seating position, but yet the frame type is that of a generic all terrain (mtn) bike. i hope that helps.

5 Likes

Wow, one of the “Features” of this bike is “hand-breaks”. Ouch!!

1 Like

Uh…I’m not seeing that.

#fakenews

Oh their in the pictures.

2 Likes

Step through design typically of single speed cruiser bike, but it also has 21 speeds. Best of both worlds…?

3 Likes

Better than stopping with your feet Flintstone style.

3 Likes

Or coaster brakes, which are common on beach cruisers.

2 Likes