KODAK Step Slim Instant Mobile Photo Printer

KODAK Step Slim Instant Mobile Photo Printer

3 Likes

I loved the Kodak printer my mom purchased back in 2007. I have a full baby book for my oldest because of it. I miss having printed photos. My very first thought though was the ink… The original Kodak printer had these expensive ink spools that sometimes messed up and cause an expensive mess. Now I’ll have to go see how much this Zink paper is because it seems like a viable option. I’m just wondering how user friendly the app interface is? (and how intrusive the permissions are)

4 Likes

Wirelessly Print 2x3” Photos

Those are smaller.

I haven’t printed pictures much since my mom passed away, but Walgreens used to be pretty reasonable. No idea how it is now, but one would upload pics and they would print them.

1 Like

From a look on Amazon and ebay, the going rate for the paper is 50 cents per 2x3 photo, which seems a bit on the expensive side.

all those cheaper places (walmart, walgreens, shutterfly, snapfish) all use the very cheapest of paper and ink, which tend to fade a lot over the course of just a few years anymore so I’m not keen on using them as much either. I suppose that also assumes these Zink photo papers are better than the cheapest printing options… maybe it’s a moot point.

3 Likes

oh and you’re right they are smaller than the original printer, but I would print four photos to a 4x6 page and cut them apart (i think the option was “wallet size”)… so they all did end up being 2x3 size… and for a baby book were perfect.

3 Likes

Oh ok. Here’s something I found addressing durability

4 Likes

oh very interesting find.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Good luck! It sounds like a worthy project!

1 Like