GAMMA2 Gamma Seal Lid - Pet Food Storage

GAMMA2 Gamma Seal Lid - Pet Food Storage

4 Likes

These lids are great for 5 gallon buckets to store pet food.

In an emergency situation, they can be used for an ad hoc porta potty.
Especially if you have kids and they have problems using a stinky outhouse when camping. Line the bucket with a thick or double bag for easy clean up. Great if you have plumbing problems and need a plan B.

The ring fits tightly over the bucket rim. Then the lid screws tightly into the seal.

6 Likes

Have never paid more than $8 for one of these, but then I’ve never lived under Bidenflation before, but this is only a “sale” price because it’s for the red version. The black plastic version will last longer [the carbon added to make black plastic is a UV absorber/blocker, so the plastic doesn’t degrade as quickly] and you can get the un-branded knockoff version at Home Despot for a buck less than this any day of the week. I’ve only ever used the Gamma Seal version since I first stumbled on them a couple of decades ago in the Sportsman’s Guide catalog, but they’re not rocket science and I’m sure the Home Despot version is just a capable.

Don’t be fooled by the “Pet Food Storage” label, these things are great for any dry storage you need: flour, sugar, etc. [You think I can use the 25# bags of food components from Costco before it goes bad? Not w/o a slew of buckets w/ these tops on them!]

The worst thing to ever happen to the Gamma Seal Corp. [or whoever invented these things] was when Costco shifted from selling their Kirkland dry laundry detergent in 5 gallon round buckets to the stupid squarish one they use now… but as long as Home Despot and others sell the HDPE buckets for cheap, then these will be a good storage solution.

7 Likes

A red lid for my yellow bucket. I’m so lucky.

3 Likes

They have lots of colors on the mothership. If you are looking for a lid for the car wash yellow bucket, that might be another story.

4 Likes