Amazon Echo (1st Generation)

Amazon Echo (1st Generation)

1 Like

And they are even new! great deal. I’ve already got 4 of these 1st gen units including one from when they were limited release, so I don’t need another one, but I still use them daily and love them.

1 Like

May the 4’s be with you…

Echo Gen1 can pair with Echo Sub for deeper bass, but it cannoth pair with another Echo for stereo sound.

Echo Gen2, Echo Dot Gen3, and Echo Plus Gen1/2 can pair with Echo Sub for bass or another Echo for stereo.

Please see Amazon FAQ:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GWMXCP6AN3QDTLA9

1 Like

The price of losing your privacy keeps getting cheaper. Still wondering why windows 10 was free? :slight_smile:

Love these Echos - we have two in our house plus two Echo Dots. Great for listening to music, getting answers, making phone calls, etc. I will be putting one in my parents place because they are elderly and have too many problems with using a computer. Simply being able to ask it a question and get an answer is perfect for them.

The sound on the first gen Echo is great, but if you want even better it can connect to your stereo, desktop speakers or any portable Bluetooth speaker. The first gen Echos are still just as capable as the current ones so I’m in for two. These make excellent gifts.

So you think all of the other versions of Windows, Android, IOS, MacOS and any other operating system offered you privacy? If you have an issue with privacy then you need to get rid of your computer, your cell phone, all of the electronic devices in your house, your car and live off the grid somewhere, because everywhere you go there are cameras. You can’t have the type of technology offered today without loss of privacy- it’s the price you pay for things to work as they do. Whether it be cloud storage, or the cloud computing required to make these devices work, there will always be the potential for your information to be monitored. The way I deal with this is the loss of privacy is the fact that my life isn’t all that interesting and I’m not famous, so the joke is on whomever would be wasting time monitoring me. If they want to track my surfing for targeted advertising, that’s fine with me, actually I’ve even purchased things based on that. You don’t really have the choice about the privacy thing if you live in our society. Finally always remember, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not watching you.

4 Likes

I asked and Alexa claims she’s only three and that her birthday is November 6. Trusting a three year old for hard facts is usually not that smart, but the interwebs seems to agree.

How can you identify if these 1st generation echo’s are new and if they come with a 1 year warranty? I have a hard time believing they are new since they have been out of production for such a long time.

2 Likes

These are fulfilled by Amazon and apparently have the Amazon warranty. Just because they are no longer in production doesn’t mean they are not new - Amazon is just emptying out their warehouse of the old models at a cheap price. Since they don’t want these to compete with the new models on their site they pass them over to Woot to sell. I pulled the trigger for two, both in white.

Wow this site has become confusing. I bought one via he Amazon Prime link an hour ago but no email and I cannot even find the “stuff you bought” link anymore. Even finding the forum link was confusing. What the heck is going on??? In 2005 navigating this site was as easy as pie.

Edit: Good grief, now it want my name and address even though I have been a member since 2005. Woot seems to think I joined today.

Edit: After several tries I finally seem to have gotten the Echo in my cart, but it was a struggle. Different screens seem to come up when I try to navigate the site. My “stuff you bought” link is back.

Edit: Nope, “stuff you bought” link is gone again. LOL!! But at least I got my conformation email on the last try.

only when I can go balls deep in alexa then I will buy one

Hi there. Sounds like you may have been logged out for a bit if stuff you bought wasn’t there. Holler if you have questions.

1 Like

Thx, but I was logging in and out trying to figure it out. I even tried Chrome, and thought that might be it because “stuff you bought” was there at first, but then it disappeared as it did with Microsoft Edge. For some reason when I use the Amazon Prime link, it logs me in as oops instead of my other Woot name (the one I mostly used; escalante). Even the “Discuss this deal” link takes me to a different page sometimes. Lots going on (-on) this site, at least for me today.

But it looks like the order finally took after many tries.

Edit: Ok, now I know it is not me, I checked everyone and almost all joined very recently, some even an hour ago. Yea, no way!!! What is going on???

Interesting how every one just joined Woot in the last few hours.

Not me, I joined 13 years ago.

Edit (lol), Woot says I joined 2 days ago.

We’re still working on bringing in and updating with the old forum info. For now, the forums are showing when you first logged into the new forums.

1 Like

I checked with our team. They say the photo is correct. It does look similar to the Echo Plus 2nd generation (so I’m told).

Thx, I sorta figured something was up with all the ‘opps’ (me) problems. And the photo looks correct to me.

Not correct. That table only applies to the Echo Sub

I have 7 Echo gen 1 + 3 Echo gen 2 and 9 dots and they all play together. My house is alive.