NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX5400 WiFi Router

NETGEAR Nighthawk 6-Stream AX5400 WiFi Router

1 Like

Since there is some conflicting information listed here for the processor, I have copied directly from the Netgear product page below:

• Processor : Triple-core 1.5GHz processor
  • Memory : 256MB flash and 512MB RAM
3 Likes

Thinking of pulling the trigger here but wondering if anyone has an experience with referb routers? I would guess that if there was an issue it would be electronic and most likely a bad board that would be replaced w/new?
IF this one headed south I would still have my working older router ready.
BTW existing router is an ASUS RT-AC66U. #AC1750

I recently purchased some routers for my mother’s house to format as access points. I looked into this one, but it has like 75% of its features behind a paywall so I passed.

As far as refurb quality, I think I’ve only ever had 1 refurbished product be bad. Everything else has worked 10/10.

There are a few open box & used ASUS RT-AX88U routers listed on eBay right now.

If you get lucky you can get one of those around this same price as an update with better specs than this one & 8 ethernet ports instead of the usual 4 on most routers.

I’m currently waiting on one to ship as a replacement for an older Netgear AC1750 (R6400)

The Netgear Armor subscription on all of their newer models is what made me look at the Asus routers since Asus has a lot more features available without having to pay for them.