1500 Watt Phoenix WiFi Enabled Heater

1500 Watt Phoenix WiFi Enabled Heater

I just installed two of these in the upstairs rooms of our 200 year old Maine house. Those rooms have no direct heat (typical), getting what they do get via convection up the stairs. There is also no easy way to tie into the existing heat downstairs.

While we’re renovating (and not yet moved in) I keep the house cold overnight at 55℉. The back upstairs room gets down to 48 or so. When I fire up the Phoenix (remotely of course via its WiFi connection), it warms the room to 60 in pretty short order. We’re quite pleased.

Since we’re renovating, I did add in dedicated receptacles for a cleaner install.

Here’s one. The wall was just stripped of wallpaper and hasn’t been repainted yet, so pardon the rough appearance.

5 Likes

Is it just radiant heat? OR does it have a fan of sorts to push the hot air out?

Fan. It ramps up and down as needed. It’s pretty quiet as far as I am concerned. Air comes in the sides through filters and pushed out the bottom.

1 Like

I want to use something like this in my small travel trailer (~125 sq. ft.) for when I have AC power. I’m thinking about mounting it on the rear wall of the storage area under the bed (the bed is at the front of the camper), facing the rear of the camper. How low can I mount it and how much clearance does it need above and below?

They don’t say what the lowest height is, just a generic “nothing combustible within 3 feet of front and sides and rear”.

Go here for info and manuals etc.

1 Like

I can easily accommodate the 3’ in front. I have 17-3/4” of vertical space where I want to mount it, so I can mount it 1-3/4” off the floor or on the floor with 1-3/4” space above. I’m going to give it a go.

Anyone else notice a weird clanking/grinding/scratching type of noise when it first starts up?

none whatsoever.