2 messages, 3 days, no response from support.

2 messages and 3 days with no response from support regarding a return. This is in spite of the 2 auto messages that I received saying that they would get back to me within 24 hours. Other than contacting my cc company, is there anything I can do to get Woot to start their end of the return process ?

Replies can take up to 48 hours, and duplicate messages can get closed as duplicates.

Though maybe @lioncow or @notmatty can help you?

1 Like

Are you sure you contacted the right company? Woot doesn’t send automated replies.

Thanks for the reply. It’s about 4 hours away from 72 hours. Why do they say they’ll contact me in 24 hours and then not do it ? That’s not very good customer service.

Thanks for the reply. Woot actually does send automated replies and I have screenshots of both saying that they’ll contact me within 24 hours.

Was the email from info@woot.com?

I did not receive an email. I started the return from the stuff bought page and had to click the customer service link to start the return because the items I bought are not eligible for a self service return. The auto messages that I received from Woot came after I had filled out the online return information.

By filling out the form before you received an email it’s possible both your submissions were marked as duplicates.

Email response time is typically 24-48 hours. You’ll want to monitor your spam folders as replies could go there.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

Thank you for responding. However, I don’t think you understand the process because it is not possible to fill out the form after receiving the email, because filling out the form is what triggers the auto message saying that they’ll make contact within 24 hours. In other words, if you don’t fill out the form they won’t know to contact you about the return.

You said you didn’t receive an email.

I said that I didn’t receive an email because I have not received an email. Therein lies the problem. The auto message, on the website, says that they will contact me within 24 hours, even listing the email address that they will use to contact me (it’s correct). However, in spite of the auto message saying that they will contact me within 24 hours, I have not received anything from them. You said that by filling out the form before I received an email…, apparently because you don’t understand the process. It’s really just this simple, if the form isn’t filled out then Woot will not know to contact you about the return. The form is filled out, the auto message with the promised contact comes after that. I filled out the form, Woot promised contact within 24 hours, but nothing.

1. What @pepper114 meant, was that filling out the form multiple times creates new tickets. Different reps can see them, and mark them as duplicates of each other.
  2. The website isn’t always reflective of actual times, as the ticket queue can be longer or shorter. They don’t have it set up to reflect 24-48 hours.
  3. Aside from being marked as duplicates, multiple tickets create a LONGER queue.
  4. Yes, I DO understand how the system works.
  5. Woot employees who can reach out to CS have been tagged, so please be patient. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

Thank you for the reply. Since you understand how the system works here’s what I see are the problems with the system.

The earliest message should never be marked as a duplicate, because it isn’t, it’s the original.

Why is the auto message seemingly hard coded with a promised 24 hour response ? That is setting the customer up with an expectation that Woot apparently isn’t able to meet. That’s Customer Service 101 type stuff. Mine isn’t the only post about a lack of response.

It’s been well in excess of 48 hours, and will shortly be 72. How long should someone wait for a response when the message says 24 (not met), elsewhere it says 24-48 (not met) ?

Again, thank you for replying but Woot should really change that promised response time.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.