2-Pack 6'' Himilayan Salt Lamp

I remember the days where Woot had great deals to offer. Now that Amazon has sank their teeth into this once great idea, the deals are just not there anymore. See link below to the regular Amazon site:

Price + Shipping Condition (Learn more) Delivery Seller Information Buying Options
$9.00

• $10.99 shipping
    New
    Arrives between April 7-24.
    Shipping rates and return policy.
    koehnmc
    5 out of 5 stars 100% positive. (1 rating)
    Add to cart
    Add to cart
    or
    Sign in to turn on 1-Click ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00CW50WR2/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1490968458&sr=8-1&keywords=2-pack+6''+himalayan+salt+lamp

Hey all, answers to questions:

• Wattage: 15-Watt
• These charge via wall adapter (no USB)
• This is an Incandescent bulb
• The lamps we are featuring are “UL Approved” which means it meets all the Underwriters Laboratories requirements. The link for the other Amazon listing and may have been part of the original recall

Amazing healing powers…

Here and here.

That was my experience. I couldn’t figure out where all this water was coming from until half my lamp was melted onto my night stand

Are these the same lamps that I paid 24.99 EACH for on Woot just a couple of weeks ago?

No. You bought the 8" lamp.

Yes, I’m aware of the placebo effect. Except I went into it not expecting it to do anything. I originally bought it because I thought it looked cool and was a nice soothing nightlight.

We have a couple of these lamps. The light quality is pretty and they make nice low-light lamps when the kids are calming down getting ready for bed.

It’s a constant battle to stop the kids from licking them though :-/

I got one a few years ago for Christmas. DO NOT LICK IT! Trust me.

Along those lines… our cats have always seemed to like being near them.

These lamps are not UL listed. I returned them for that reason.

I contacted the “Company” which was answered by one person saying “hello” lol - He swore their product was safe. After checking myself, I found out its not. Make damn sure anything you plug in is UL listed. Not that eTLc or whatever, its not the same as Underwriters Laboratories.

There are NOT UL Approved. I checked UL’s database and called UL myself, these lamps are NOT UL APPROVED.

The company who makes them Jaabco/Saltean do not have any records with UL.

Oh FYI in case you guys don’t believe me.

https://www.saltean.com/en/natural-salt-lamp.html

Do you see UL Approved?

Hmmm. I want to look into this.

Where did you get the information for contacting the manufacturer- did it come with this product? Or, did you find a salt lamp online and contact that company?

Details are appreciated. I want to make sure I’m getting the right info to my vendor team for investigation. Thanks!

I’m not staff, so I have no idea who/where the (mis)information was passed along, but my day job is working in fire protection and I can assure you that the ETL (Electrical Testing Labs) mark is a valid safety mark and that products bearing the mark have been tested to UL’s standards.

Intertek, the testing company behind it, is an OSHA nationally recognized testing laboratory. You can read more about what that means here:
https://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/index.html

And you can view the standards which Intertek has been certified to test for here:
https://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/its.html

With all that said, turn over any dozen electrical items you have. There’s a good chance that several will have been Intertek/ETL certified instead of UL.

I purchased these lamps and in the package there are a few booklets that show the manufacturer, parent company and phone numbers.

I purchased these lamps because Woot said they are UL listed. THEY ARE NOT!

ETL is not UL. I frankly don’t care what ETL has to go through to get their certifications, the fact remains is that Woot misled customers.

I will not plug ANYTHING that is not UL listed in my house. PERIOD.