2-Pack Liquid Plastic Welder Starter Kit

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

2-Pack Liquid Plastic Welder Starter Kit
Price: $27.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Tuesday, Apr 18 to Friday, Apr 21) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](2-Pack Liquid Plastic Welder Starter Kit) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=2-Pack Liquid Plastic Welder Starter Kit) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](2-Pack - Google Shopping Liquid Plastic Welder Starter Kit)

so…could this be used on human skin to bind a medium sized cut? When my wife had a c-section, they used something that looked a lot like this.

https://i.imgflip.com/1n651h.jpg

Same identical thing as 5 second fix but 5 second fix is cheaper on Amazon ($7.99) https://www.amazon.com/Second-Fix-RA-5500-Plastic-Welding/dp/B01FV4FMW0

It isn’t very strong and when it dries, it’s brittle, so it shouldn’t be used to repair a part that’s under stress.

This is THE biggest waste of money that I have ever seen. I reviewed this on Amazon previously, so I will just reprint that review here:

We’ve all seen the commercial for this type of product - the spokesman applies a little bit of the gel to the two ends of a cut stranded steel cable, cures the product with the included ultraviolet light and voila! The cable is then able to winch a pickup truck up onto a flatbed trailer. Yeah, right. That’s not even believable, so let’s focus on a more credible application - the repair of eyeglasses. This, too, is demonstrated in the video and this was what I tried. Twice. Both times the gel cured like it’s supposed to in less than 10 seconds, but it broke loose at the “repair” immediately.

In light of that (no pun intended), I highly doubt the truck-pulling use. I also suspect several of the advertised uses such as repairing the handle on a coffee mug or even the repair of a leather belt. The previous failure aside, this gel only cures under UV light. Therefore, if the light can’t reach the gel, the gel cannot cure. It does not seem feasible for the light to reach the gel when the gel is sandwiched between two opaque materials.

Now, it MIGHT be ok if you are trying to fill gaps where there will be NO stress, but don’t expect this to function as an adhesive. Luckily, I was given this as a gift, so I’m not out any money. You can get better adhesives for far less cash without succumbing to passing fads.

While I’ve seldom used this as an adhesive, I’ve used it extensively as plastic filler. When applied, it’s malleable, and can be shaped as you want, then hardened. Kinda like a manual 3D printer. So, think of it as quick drying liquid plastic, vice glue. I’ve filled nail pops in the shower, worn out rubber nubs on my car’s ignition switch, insulated electrical wires where it was impossible to get tape or heat shrink tubing, etc. I once fixed a pair of sunglasses, but I made sure to rough up the broken pieces to give the plastic better adherence. It’s not super glue, but I’ve found it quite useful!

I bought these last year and they don’t work. I tried them on a variety of applications without success.

You’ve been saving that one, haven’t you?

You ARE a gem, TT!

u need DERMABOND

I have used a few times and they work OK biggest complaint is they come in a flimsy plastic container that leaks have two tubes of them and both have leaked in drawer.

Junk - bought on amazon to repair a plastic handle. The most obvious flaw is you can’t actually ‘glue’ to broken parts together. You apply the liquid to both broken parts, put them together and…oh wait does the light get into the broken area and cure…oh way it can’t so it never cures. it also doesn’t bond well to anything but itself.

I could maybe see it as using it as a filler…but you aren’t going to repair broken parts with it.

Pass.

I’ve used this in a few places and had good results.

I used to to repair a rubber/plastic watch band (just the loop that holds the excess band) that broke and it held for the three weeks it took me to get a new band.

I used it working on my old car (90’s plastic trim inside had some stripped out screw holes). I filled the stripped out hole with the liquid, hit it with the light to cure it and put the screw back in. It has been holding for about a year so far (summer and winter temps).

I used it on a project I was doing making a solar powered aspiration fan for my outdoor weather station. I used it to seal around a small solar panel and also in place of solder on some very thin (headphone type) wire. I twisted them together, dipped in the liquid and cured it before shrink wrapping. Has been find for the last 8 months.

The container it comes in has given some issues and leaked out. With the refill I ordered I just keep them upright in a cabinet until I need to use them.

Overall I think it wouldn’t work for everyone in all cases. Sometimes superglue is a better choice. But for what it is advertised to do if used as per the instructions it’s handy to have around.

My father in law gave me one after I fixed something in his house using his.

It is fun, but if it is something that gets wet, the glue gives out as soon as it gets wet.

I have used it several times and have generally had pretty good success.

I had a pair of eyeglasses break at the point on the arm where the plastic piece that goes over the ear meets the rest of the metal arm going up to the hinge. Applied a little at that point to get it connected and then just built it up going down the metal arm and ear piece and it worked like a charm.

It is relatively rigid, so don’t use it to fix your phone charger cable and expect it to be terribly flexible at that point.

My inner pedant can’t let this slide. The use of the term “weld” in this advertisement is either ignorant or deceptive.

“Welding” involves the pieces being bonded liquefying in some way, typically either by being melted or by being dissolved with a solvent.

“Plastic welding” is a real thing. It’s done with tools that heat a plastic filler into a liquid which in turn partially melts the workpieces so the plastic flows together (if it fails to do that, you get a failed bond).

“Solvent welding” involves putting two pieces of plastic together, and then letting capillary action at the joint draw in some form of solvent eg. dichloromethane, acetone, etc. The workpieces partly dissolve, flow into each other, and then harden as the solvent evaporates.

This product’s process would be more like “soldering” than “welding”, though I think “gluing” is a far better term to describe what this does. It’s just a glue that cures/hardens with UV light rather than evaporation, polymerization or some other chemical process. The workpieces are not involved beyond a mechanical attachment to the hardened adhesive, so this is definitely not welding.

Dermabond is merely a more flexible version of super glue. I have personally found super glue very helpful to close scalp lacerations (the morning after they were sustained) and dehisced incisions - but nobody would use tissue glue of any type for primary closure of a C/S incision - I would only use it for a shallow, short dehiscence, after the wound has been debrided of exudate (you want flesh to attach to flesh).

This stuff is amazing if you use it as intended. For all of those complaining it’s not working as glue… Their website is:

Highly recommend if you understand it’s designed function and limitations.

Absolutely…not a glue and doesn’t work like super glue. Welding might not be the correct technical term, but it doesn’t really work like glue either.