20” LCD Monitor with DVI

can this hook up to my macbook?

It’s an HP.

Yeah. Google the model number. There you have it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176112

Separated at birth???

“Not that this monitor is “a truly fine item,” really” How true :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how well this will work with non-native (1620X1050) resolutions?

Pity the cost wasn’t $5 less, so the total with shipping would have been under a $100.

Problem with refurb monitors is quite often they have dead pixels. What is the dead pixel warranty on this thing?

I’ve had a Famous Maker before, actually, I’m using it right now. (24")

It is a HP, at least mine is, and it was refurbished. I think they are great if you get one with no dead pixels like mine.

Hehe, I was thinking of the Yardbirds version. But I’m an old guy…

:wink:

What qualifies a monitor as “Debranded,” anyway?

A search on the model number comes up with “debranded” HP. Also Briteview Technology is an HP tradename.

it is definitely an hp. i have that monitor

Perhaps this is comparable to the debranded monitor at Uncle Vic’s:

http://unclevic.com/pd/1-1-0-184-hp-debranded-ts-20w7-20-inch-lcd-monitor?utm_source=googlebase&zmam=33951326&zmas=10&zmac=100&zmap=184

$129.99 + shipping

Likely has too many dead pixels.

That would be my bet.

Is this an HP monitor?

As for me, I personally own this monitor and got this back when it was still in stores.

It’s a fairly solid monitor with only some slight issues from time to time (mainly color issues).

This would be great for the person on a shoestring budget looking for a decent-sized monitor to satisfy their needs.

I don’t see why they would not say the name.

I think it should be cheaper if they can’t say the name.

HP is what it appears to be But i have seen some look a likes that could pass.

really though - there is not that many companies that make these things - far less than ther are companies that put there name on them.

WOOT! I have a great idea - these de branded ones you could offer a sticker kit so we could put out own name on it. for 99.0 i mean .

If you want to sell them for 45.00 I could buy my own sticker kit.

Is it mac compatible?

Excluding the audio aspect (which is important if you want to use it as a TV), the practical difference between an HDMI port on a computer and a DVI port is pretty negligible. A HDMI to DVI cable should work just fine for video only.

I am using this monitor right now but I paid $40 more for it. I really like it. It was a huge upgrade from my 19" CRT monitor that is 9 years old (and still a pretty good monitor).

The blacks are almost true, the colors are vibrant and the contrast (a big factor for the line of work I do) is the best I have seen on all but the best LCD monitors.

Good buy, I would get another if I had reason to do so.