2005 H by Havens Velvet Three - Pack

This is interesting since in the past the Hudson T Block Syrah was supposed to be their top bottling. In fact, I bought some 2006 Hudson T Block Syrah!

So either this ‘review’ is full of hot air, or the new owners of Havens tried to reinvent the wheel by renaming every wine.

I’d have to think the “H” line of wines is a lower-priced line, especially since in the last offer the “H” Cabernet was sourced from Mendocino.

With the winery being sold in 2006, Does anyone know where the wine was stored since then? Just curious to see if it was properly maintained.

You’re probably right. I’m certain it’s a really good deal, but if it’s typical warm climate Syrah-Cab, I’ll still hold out for what I really want, anything from Carneros. Need vineyard sourcing info beyond just Napa to pull the trigger.

Everything apparently ran as before until 2008 when the previous owner who was still the winemaker or consultant was fired/resigned/quit/removed. The winery didn’t fold until late this year. The provenance should be fine.

if only I (or others) were ratting… … perhaps I could purchase for my red-drinker :frowning:

I know they’re out there, but I have yet to drink a bad wine from Napa circa 2005. A good year overall in the valley with even average vineyards turning out very good wines.

I really hope this will follow the rule as I’m more than happy to have someone else come across the exception.

Oh, hell, I’m in for three. If 2005 was a good year in Napa, then these can’t be worse than some of the $10 wines from Costco. Besides, I loved my last syrah and cabernet (separate bottles). What else… I need to justify my purchase… Oh, yeah, wine is good. :slight_smile:

On a(nother) Black & Blue note, is this co-fermented or blended later?

On a completely off-topic note, I just noticed WTSO’s “about us” page - pretty funny, in a flagrantly plagiaristic way. http://ow.ly/OQco

Oh carp I tripped and fell on the stupidly large button…

2005 H by Havens Velvet Three - Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 2.970s
Last wooter to woot: jkdaaa

I want just one bottle - if anyone in NC has one to spare?

I want just one bottle - if anyone in NC has one to spare?

kinda buying blind here, but yeah, probably better than the $10 bottles at Costco. In for 2.

Hey hld1970, what’s the source of that review? And how recent is it? Thanks.

Well, looks like I’m going to have alot of Haven’s on hand come Jan. 4. Since I couldn’t resist the last posting either.

I searched the web like a mand man however no sign of this wine anywhere. I am guessing though that for the relatively small sum of $34.99 that these bottles will be a nice addition to the collection. As others have said, 2005 was a good year for Napa.

How about it Wine Dave? Any tasting notes on this from you?

“our new H by Havens items; H by Havens is a small brand we recently created for specialty wines only”…

This was an excerpt from Havens original website. Unfortunately the link is dead so no way to read the rest of the statement.

Also, Borders has the 2006 ‘H’ by Havens Carneros Syrah for 12.99 a bottle, however shipping is $17 for 4 bottles. I am guessing that we may see that wine on here as well.

I think you meant $12.99.

Found this post in a different blog which indicates the “H” line was the ‘value’ price point:
Author: grape_ape [ Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: Re: Havens Winery - owner bankrupt, liquidating inventory
Scruff wrote:
Sad to see this… (but a potential bargain if you are into them)

K&L just listed 2006 Havens Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon for $9.99 (down from around 35)

I saw this, and I’m very curious… wondering if they are just bottling components of other Havens wines that were in barrel to blow out inventory. I was in the Havens wine club for a year or two, a few years back and have also been to the winery. to my knowledge, other than the more recent Havens “H” value line, I have never seen a stand alone Havens Cabernet… The Havens H Cab sells for ~$17.

It’s ad copy from vinesse.com and borderswinelist.com describing the 2006 ‘H’ by Havens Carneros Syrah they’re selling for $12.99. It may have had a prior source, but I couldn’t find anything more.

Last wooter to woot: deaconbluez

Time to put Missouri on the map, and pick up a Christmas present for myself.

Merry Christmas, everyone!