2006 Arietta Variation One Red Wine Napa Valley

$64.99 + $7.00 shipping
Condition: Red
Product: 1 2006 Arietta Red Wine Variation One

Black Tie buy? Haven’t seen that icon before.

CellarTracker (linked above) avg. price: $100+ per 750ml bottle.

Dang it!! Must you take every QP???

Fine … Arietta Website

do i have to wear a black tie while drinking this? i’ve got a yellow tie. but not black. will that do?

The black tie buy icon totally classes this place up.

That’s it? You just get one bottle? For that much? Why?

Well, further confirmation Mill is in Florida, alive and well. Since only Florida is lit.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: mill
Speed to first woot: 0m 54.193s
Last wooter to woot: mill

after being responsible and trying to find an faq or search page that explains the friggin “black tie buy” icon… I still do not know what the crap it means…

so… (like you wanted)

“” Hey, Woot, what does the “black tie buy” icon mean. " /sigh"

In case anyone is interested, this got a 93 from Robert Parker in the December '08 WA.

Wine Spectator thought it was outstanding:
Arietta Variation One Napa Valley 2006
Score: 92
Release Price: $100
Firm, complex and full-bodied, with spicy, peppery wild berry flavors that walk the line of balance without wavering, ending with firm, dry tannins. Ends with a nice burst of grapey berry fruit and mineral and then some creamy oak. Syrah and Merlot. Drink now through 2014. 500 cases made. –JL

“BTB” ??? we’ll see.

I’ve been looking for an excuse to wear my tuxedo…

(Yes, I own one, a nice one. No I don’t own a suit. I’m 23.)

Cause if you google it online … it’s $99 a bottle.

And previous vintages vary (2005 went from $75 to $106, while 2003 was $145) in price, but they are all up there. Will be interesting to see the How Good is this Deal once Cheron has the time to do it.

And that’s usually what we’ve seen some higher end wines here on Wine.Woot go for. Something for everyone (low price, medium price, and astronomical price). :wink:

http://www.vinfolio.com/do/winestore/detail/2006_Arietta_Variation_One?vid=109224&utm_source=google-base&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=googlebase&utm_content=109224

$90 elsewhere. A good price if you can tell the difference. As my first red was Wild Irish Rose, I think I’ll just stick to the $20/ bottle variety.

I’ve had both the Arietta H-block and Variation One in the last few weeks with friends. Both are stunning elegant wines, and at this price, the Variation One is a steal.

I know they’re on the menu at the restaurant where I’m a chef slightly north of 300 dollars (different vintages, so not a direct comparison).

This is an opportunity that should not be passed up.

I’m still alive! Or am I…

My hunch is that anything pricey enough for a one-bottle deal (like the Robert Craig wines) will sport that logo. Whether there’s a forthcoming “Dixie Cup Deal” icon for any wine selling for under $10.00/bottle remains to be seen.

Prices at Wine-Searcher

lol. If only our creepy little avatars could be classed up by proper attire.

Hey Woot Magnates, I would like my SEPTEMBER Birthday Code for this offering.