2006 Buttonwood Farm Cabernet Franc - 3 Pack

I was also a club member and I remember some funk on the cab franc. Don’t remember what year it was though.

Cheers!

“60% of the time, it works every time.” -Brian Fantana

I still have a Wine.Woot and regular Woot confirmation going on 5 minutes now. I had better get both of them!

Yay, finally in for one and available to rat. (I am a good ratter, if I do say so myself…) http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=3992720

Butt…On…Wood…hahahahahahahahaah

Having had their wine at the estate I wasn’t too impressed (being a local and in the industry here). What concerned me most was the fact that the Rhone and Bordeaux varietals were both proudly grown on the same estate in what was described as the same proximate region, which to my understanding would suit mostly Bordeaux. That being said, the Cab Franc might fair nicely in comparison to the former varietals, so this could be a good offering…

You had me at $39.99. In for one.

The only other single varietal CF I have tasted was from that area too, the Firestone one. Now it might just be because Firestone is rubbish, but I didn’t think much of it at all.

I know gc likes them, and this sounds like it’s less fruity than may CA wines, more deeply austere. Seems from what I read (thanks for the notes!) it has some tannins and lots of nice acid zip. But does it have the depth of forest, earth, spice or fruit to balance that out?

If you want to know about Cabernet Franc, listen to gcdyersb, as he loves it! Or try the 03 article from sfgate.

Good in cooler coastal regionsin the States, so depending ont he microclimate of the vineyard, this is on the warmer side of CF plantings… which may be why they planted it down in a corner maybe a cool one? :slight_smile:

Wikipedia on CF

Firestone doesn’t have all that great of a reputation, IMO.

As far as the Buttonwood CF, I’d say their wines are of a certain style. They’re more table wines than c ocktail wines. That said, I wouldn’t unequivocally recommend this to everyone given that the most enthusiastic purchases on woot tend to be for the bomber-type wines. On the flip side, the price is relatively low.

While Buttonwood is in a warmer area in Santa Ynez, the new hot spot for Bdx varietals is Happy Canyon. There they can get the rich jammy flavors that most want in CA Bdx blends due to very hot microclimates. Buttonwood’s location I think tends to result in some harder tannins relative to hot climates.

Roostertail? no comprendo. I see there’s Brett in these, controlled presumably. Read yoru CT notes too… one year was sweet but it’s good the nigh acidity can help. Just given the synthetic cork issue I think I’ll pass.

LOL when I read “soft tannins” aomewhere I think it must be a jammier wine. That figure? It’s like reading between the lines of estate agents (realtors :sunglasses:

Last wooter to woot: klezman

Cab Franc was my favourite varietal in Ontario. I hope it’s as awesome here.

Would absolutely love to rat. I’ve got nothing else to do until work starts in a few weeks.

Woot filters at work. I mean c ocktail style wine. I suppose that word must be filtered to keep the juvies at bay.

lmao cocktail c ocktail I get it. tee hee

Why no Virginia this time? Cab Franc is my almost favorite and Im dying to get this.

In for two.

Even though my unoaked chard is still not showing any useful shipping info, I have faith that Woot will get it all straight. Too late for sooner being better than later. but still…

Love me some cab franc, and I’m flat out!

does anyone know how long these would cellar ?

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/a25Ty4" title="How good is this deal?)

Just this side of an incredible offer, it tips the scales on 1 order at 51%, but due to the winery offering a 10% discount on 6 bottles or more (and an even bigger discount on a full case), it drops to “only” 49% for 2 or 3 woots.

Note that I could not find the 2006 vintage on the winery’s website, so I used the 2007 price. If the winemaker confirms the price for the 2006 as being different from 2007, I will gladly update the sheet :slight_smile:

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

A great deal on cab franc is enough to pull me out of a SIWBM

The only CA cab franc I’ve had much of is the Iron Horse, so I’m very intersted

Of course, labratting would be awesome.

And of no import whatsoever, I really was out of Cab Franc, and was planning to get a half-case of an NC Cab Franc. Shelton’s is marginally less expensive, and it is local, but I’m betting this is better.

And now that it is too late (I ordered in time, though!) maybe I’ll be blessed with rattage. I mean, a girl can dream, can’t she?