2006 Idus de Vall Llach, D.O.Q. Priorat, Spain - 2 Pack
$69.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 2006 Idus de Vall Llach, D.O.Q. Priorat, Spain
CT link above

Winery website

Now THIS should be marked as a Black Tie Buy!:slight_smile:

And this has got to be a typo
“this wine should be opened a half hour before consuming and served between 55-60ºC.”
unless it’s mulled spirits of course.

I’ve had a number of different vintages of this wine, and it’s fantastic. Dark fruit with hints of red, tons of structure and concentration, ample tannins. It’s like Amarone and PS had a kid, but not quite as tannic or round as PS, nor as dry and raisinated as Amarone.

It’s really good stuff.

This is the shortest available states list that I have seen. WA has always been on the list before.

Again, I am loving the international offers! I think I’m out again because my budget is killed for the rest of the month. If I could, I’d be in, though.

I have also had this wine and loved it! It is a big @ss wine but has beautiful fruit and it balanced nicely with acid and tannins.

Love the international offers Woot.

Tonight’s Eagle Eye Award! It’s been fixed.

Looks a fun big wine… I know these are ripe blockbusters, for the modern market.

I like a good aged gran riserva rioja. How does this compare? And how does the barrel treatment compare? Lots of new oak? For years?

not nearly aged as long before release, few notes from the winery:

VINIFICATION

Fermentation of the destalked grape in 1,000 and 2,500 litre stainless steel tanks. 3 days of cold pre-fermentation maceration, fermentation for 14 days at temperatures limited to between 25 and 29 ºC with daily pigeage. 15 days of post-fermentation maceration, followed by gentle pressing. Malolactic fermentation, 50% in tanks and 50% in barriques.

AGEING

35% of the wine was transferred to 225 and 300 litre barriques of light- and medium-toasted fine-grained new French oak, and 65% to second wine barrels. The wine was moved twice during the ageing period of 14 months.

The bottles I had the oak is present but not over the top, I love a nice RDD and the gran riserva rioja, but this is a really nice wine and has a place at any summer BBQ. IMHO

Disappointed Washingtonian here too… Wonder why they won’t let us buy this one when we are so pro wine here!! Aces219 you close to woodinville? If so head over to the DeLille wine tasting n pick up the AIX. Delicious red!

Wow, I am impressed! It’s unlikely that this sale was directed at me, but I have always said that Priorat Grenache is absolutely my favorite all-time wine experience. There is just something awesome about that combination for me.

Given the solid ratings on CT and the lenghty cellarability, I had no choice but to go in for 3. I will only have to apologize to my wife until she drinks it…then she will be thanking me!

Thanks David, excellent choice!!!

yeah the unusual grape type and CT notes sold me here. something to break up my napa mercabzinoir collection

Me three!

Any food pairing suggestions?

Wow… another deadly international wine. In for one… sigh

Something tells me I won’t regret it.

I miss having the weekend to think things over, but I’m loving the idea of “International Saturdays.” I missed out on last weeks Brunello (because I thought it would be up all weekend) and I haven’t tried any Priorart, so in for one I go!

Looks like this sells for around $50 on the web sites. Here are some reviews:

“A dense, rich and chewy red, showing dark chocolate, black cherry and licorice flavors, with fig pudding and mineral notes. Muscular tannins are balanced by lively acidity. Best from 2012 through 2020.”

93 Points Wine Spectator

“Another exellent Idus. The nose is jammed full of big berry, leather and earth aromas. In the mouth, it’s pure to the hilt, with jammy depth and delicious flavors of blackberry, chocolate and licorice. Finishes toasty and creamy, with soft tannins and ease. Drink now through 2015.”

93 Points Wine Enthusiast

“The purple-colored 2006 Idus is made up of 40% Carinena, 20% Merlot, 15% Garnacha, and the balance Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah aged in a mix of new and used French oak for 14 months. It reveals a fragrant nose of cedar, spice box (nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon), mineral, black cherry, and licorice. Structured and a bit tightly wound on the palate, it has plenty of extract, savory flavors, excellent balance, and a lengthy finish. Give it 4-6 years in the cellar and drink it from 2014 to 2026.”

92 Points The Wine Advocate

“Inky ruby. Ripe cherry and plum aromas are complemented by suggestions of dried rose and violet, along with a touch of anise. Fleshy and smooth on the palate, offering rich dark fruit flavors and a late note of bitter chocolate. The finish repeats the cherry and anise notes and clings with very good tenacity.”

90 Points International Wine Cellar

Z