2006 Idus de Vall Llach, D.O.Q. Priorat, Spain - 2 Pack

Well…despite the typo, this baby could be closer to mulled spirits than you think.

15.8% boys and girls. Were Sarah and Sparky Marquis the consultants on this wine? :wink:

good morning. this was excellent with grilled lamb chops which were sprinkled with sea salt an herbs last night! think it will go nicely with a grilled date wrapped in bacon (the fruit not the human kind of date, but that would be a funny site to see), Italian meatballs, steak of course and anything with caramelized onions on top.

I left a 1/3 filled glass on the counter last night, anxious to see how it developed overnight. will report back later.

BTW - dense foggy morning in my neighborhood, suppose to clear off but a big temperature swing of 30 degrees less and rain in possible for tomorrow. going to be a busy day on the wineroads, producers are not happy about the rain coming so soon.

oh and how could I forget, Paella! This was the best Paella I’ve ever had in my life and it was veggie only - artichoke and snap peas. went well with white wine of course, but also went very well with the savory Spanish reds.

Nice picture but what about the recipe!?

oh I wish I had this recipe to share. All I know is that the man in the picture who was the owner of the winery was up at daybreak to begin cooking this for us. It was an old family recipe that I didn’t even think to ask for, oh that was such a good lunch.

Hang on Snoopy - there’s no O-H-I-O on this one! Wallet may be saved for another day.

And I was drooling over the wine description and the paella!!! Was gonna punce all over that big yellow button and make it hurt. Oh well, gonna have to go down to cellar a little later…we need that recipe - BADLY!!

Wow, living in Ohio I never even thought to look at which states were included. I think this is the first time Ohio wasn’t available. I now feel the pain of all those Wooters denied in the past!

As had IA. No order today.

My bank account doesn’t like this. I must stop buying. This sounded too good to resist, however.

Great blog post today by TexiCali. well worth checking out. nice work Ali!

MOD: Link
http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4645951

Thanks Kyle for finding it!

Just continue to remember that you do NOT want a low alcohol grenache - either it will be devoid of fruit OR full of tannnin . . . but in either way, NO enjoyment!!!

Cheers!

Which blog (please)?

+1
What a great weekend! A nice grenache yesterday followed by a nice Priorat today. Last wooter to woot: jmdavidson

Wow, first non-WA woot I’ve ever seen . . . and the first I’ve wanted this week. :frowning:

We need state-specific RSS feeds so as to limit teasing disappointments!

wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4645951&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=1

boatman72 and oncman: PMs for you.

Oh WW your killing my budget, with the wine wootoff yesterday and this today, please let me up off the mat in for 3. I will have to go into hidding for awhile after this week.

Me too!

In for one. That blend is intriguing as all get out. Anywho,even if I don’t like it,w/15.8 alcohol,I can gag it down. X