2006 Oscars

Who admitted it? Sundance or the Oscars?

It was an appealing movie, but with a very liberal bent. However, it was mostly all factual, just put together in such a way as to put the most negative spin on things without exploring the reasoning behind them.

All I was saying is the Oscar voting committee is comprised of I believe better then a thousand movie industry professionals from actors and directors to writers and producers. I just feel there is a better chance of that crowd picking the best movie then say the people of my hometown. They would probably vote for whatever movie either had the most action or the most slapstick humour.

Give an award to a movie the general public actually enjoy?!?!? What kind of craziness is that?

hehe well the general public enjoy NASCAR and Pro Wrestling here. A movie about a Pro Wrestler turned NASCAR driver or vice versa would definetly clinch an Oscar if my fellow residents were in the voting pool.

I enjoy NASCAR; don’t care for pro wrestling . . . guess I’m not totally qualified to to decide for myself what I like in a movie . . . .

:slight_smile: Anyone is qualified to give their opinion about what movie they enjoyed the most I think. That will probably vary depending on geographic location, political bent, age group, ethnicity, and perhaps even religious persuasion.

I was just saying that most people fall into a group that enjoys one or two types of movies and don’t really have the necessary open mindedness to survey the whole field of potential candidates and pick a well rounded favorite.

I know where my movie bias lies for example and Brokeback Mountain wouldn’t be getting an Oscar from me. I rather think I’d enjoy giving it to Syriana of those nominated or Walk the Line if it had been.

That was really an an excellent movie by the way. Seen it? Walk the Line I meant. Should be out on video soon. I don’t care for country music 80% of the time, but I had a good time watching that film.

Post Oscar bump.
blueshield missed the big one, but picked pretty well on most of the rest.

Concur with DM’s recommendation re: enema.

Damn, you think DM is in LA this weekend?

I thought I saw something brown and furry-looking at the edge of the red carpet.

I was hoping to see a mushroom cloud…

NOOO not this week, my kid is there on spring break, let him wait till Saturday!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c116/ICUX/elephantcrap.jpg

Sundance.

Actually it was full of lies and distortions. Watch Farenhype 911 for just how terribly and completely it was bent. I call it a Mockumentary because of it.

And it was amazing when people all over the web were pitching a fit over Brokeback, they leaked of some “shockers” and changed their mind about promoting the agenda.

I’da destroyed them all, but I kept hearing frantic screaming from the direction of Saturn.

LMAO, you can blow them up on Friday!

So nice to have you back. I can quite worrying now that the raccoon we caught out front and moved to a new home was maybe a friend and it ticked you off.

huh?

BTW - FER DREAMASTERS SAKE! can we PLEASE HAVE A FREAKING DELETE POST BUTTON?

WTF is the problem on that? It’s a simple bit of code?

Haven’t visited recently, will do so again.