2006 The Grappler - Four Pack

2006 The Grappler - Four Pack
$49.99 + $7.00 shipping
Condition: Red
Product: 4 2006 The Grappler
CT link above

Winery website

So, what kind of cellaring can we expect from these babies?

And drink now or hold for a year or two before drinking? Website looks more like it may be a drink now type of wine.

It’s important to note that this isn’t “The Grappaler” Four Pack, which is a very different product.

Where are the grapes sourced from? Is there a specific appellation?

in the description it says “Mount Veeder appellation”, so I’d go with that.

“The Zinfandel is sourced from Amador County, while the Syrah is grown at a highly regarded Paso Robles vineyard, and the Cabernet Sauvignon is sourced from vineyards in the Napa Valley.”

Ah, makes sense. The Amador Zin probably lowers costs significantly.

ugh: SIWBM. BIG time.

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or start a gathering!

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif

I just checked the sales for last weeks Monday offering and they weren’t too great. I can’t help but think this is in part because the lab rats didn’t post (well one did but that was all). I promise to drink and post if chosen. Thank you to the one who did post.

Sorry to post twice, computer was slow and I was impatient. Just wanted to say we tried the Muscardini Syrah last night-ran it thru the soiree’ and into the decanter-it was delicious.

No kidding. Both Monday and Wednesday wine offerings outsold by the soap!

Yeah … it seems the two things that impact an offerings popularity are active participation of the winery on the forum and prompt lab rat postings before the offering disappears on Wednesday from the main site.

And it will take both to get me off dead center. My wine coolers are kinda full right now combined with the normal hesitation to have wine shipped during the summer.

It’s the economy…

This looks to be a good deal…

Have not decided quite yet…

But probably one…

Seems the alcohol content is very high - would love to hear from the winemaker on methods used to combat the heat or is it there and a characteristic of the blend - on the fence but tempting???

Cheese Pairings

and

Comparison Pricing… this is a great deal!..

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/c63Xu3" title="How good is this deal?)

Looks like we’ve got another incredible offer on our hands here. Please note the following though:

The only order quantity that’s perfectly comparable to the website, apples-to-apples, is an “I want 3”. This is because the winery only allows order quantities of 1, 2, 3, 6, 12, 18, or 24. They also calculate their shipping based on orders of 3, 6, or 12 bottles.

So I extrapolated out the per-bottle shipping cost for each order level to get the approximate per-order shipping cost to compare to. It’s not perfect, but it seems reasonable.

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

I Cut back on woot wine purchases for two reasons.
1: It took forever for them to ship summer packaging and it’s 100+ here in the south
2: The massive THIS PACKAGE CONTAINS ALCOHOL label that the arsles at Fed-x insist on slapping on the box… was starting to get funny looks from people at work

It takes so long because it’s summer shipping. And the label is for legal reasons.