2006 Turnbull Weitz Cabernet Sauvignon - Two Pack

For you to be interested in a Napa cab blend it must be well-made for you to dismiss it on vintage grounds. Folks, this is high praise from rpm!

So might it be like a Napa Wellington Victory without the Merlot? :wink:

Has woot forgotten about white wines???

Can’t find this one on the Turnbull website, so I can’t get a direct comparison for pricing.

Um, yesterday was Rieslings. Last Wednesday was a white sparkler. Sep 28 gave us Sauvignon Blanc, and Sep 22 during the wootoff gave us Vermentino and SB/Chardonnay packs, and Sep 20 was the Hahn whites, with the Morgan whites on Sep 10. So in the past month, we’ve seen 6 different white offers. The most recent, again, being yesterday.

So no. Woot has not forgotten about white wines.

Yeah, they seem to have everything from $40 Cabs to $100 Cabs. It would be nice to know the original retail on this one.

I think 2006 has more secondary complexity than 07. 07 is a bit juicy vintagewise but there is great purity of fruit. Toss up of what you care for in a cab.

Turnbull is one my favorite but I really wouldn’t mind the lower ends

A couple interesting tidbits for those too lazy to follow the links provided by NightGhost.

Weitz Vineyard

The gem of Turnbull’s holdings, however, are the 60 acres called the Weitz Vineyard. It lies on extremely rugged and sloping soil on the plateau above the Silverado Trail that contains Phelps’ Backus Vineyard, Vine Cliff, Dalla Valle and Screaming Eagle. That’s right: Above them. From this site you look down on some of the most famous land in all of Napa Valley, hence the world. The vines here have to struggle to grow among boulders and stones, plus the shallow soil remaining as the rest long ago washed down the hill.

Turnbull grows all five popular red Bordeaux wine varietals here; they produce wines exhibiting intense color and flavor.

The 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon (13,000, $35) is the winery’s largest production wine, and it produces two luxury Bordeaux wines, the 2000 Weitz Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (418 six-pack cases, $75) and 2000 Red Wine (1540 six-bottle cases, $75), a blend of 609 percent Cabernet Sauvignon, 15 percent Petite Verdot, 10 percent Cabernet Franc, 4 percent Malbec and 2 percent Merlot, Not surprisingly, these two are killer wines and are naturally the winery’s pride and joy.

hmm a bit… catty?

http://www.snooth.com/buy/turnbull-weitz-cabernet-2006-2/

I just can’t stand when people complain about something when it’s obvious that what they are complaining about is totally invalid.

Like saying where’s the whites when there was one the day before.

For the spreadsheets, I always use the winery-direct price, as that is standard for whoever is trying to buy it. Wine shops can’t always ship to the same places the winery (and thus woot) can, and often there are random sales at wine shops (bin ends?) that make it an unfair comparison.

Well, if WD is like the girl in “50 First Dates,” maybe he forgot about the whites.

Hi, Bob from Turnbull here. This is a separate wine, made from the Weitz vienyard, primarily. Weitz has since been renamed to Leopoldina. it sits at approx 2000 feet above the valley floor on the Oakville bench with Dalla Valle and Phelps Backus as neighbors. there is some fruit from our Fortuna vineyard, in Oakville and Amoenus vineyard in Calistoga. The wine is a beauty and was selected and vinted to be a $100 bottle at the winery. A little of this wine went to the East Coast for sale, but other than that, it has almost no distribution and has been sold winery only.

Turnbull is one of my favorite wineries. I wish it were still affordable but I am happy their success is recognized. I have never had a bad bottle of Turnbull. Hmm one for the holidays and one to age…Must control my impulses. Oh well it’s only my daughters college fund.

I see the 2006 Leopoldina on your website as $90/bottle, but the blend appears to be different. Is this a completely different bottling then?

Based on your statement above, I will create our comparison spreadsheet with this wine’s retail price set at $100. Granted, I know others have been pointing out the local-ish prices at significantly less than that, but I would guess, based on the above statement, that you (the winery) are trying to clear out the inventory of this with the Weitz label on it, and thus we all (not just woot) get fantastic savings?

UPS Ground for a 4 lb. box to ship from Sonoma, CA to Michigan = 14.49 USD

Woot charges $5.00 for shipping.

connect the dots

Common sense: it’s hard to find.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/ww20101013" title="How good is this deal?)

Absolutely incredible! Over 60% savings!

Click the link above for full discount details, links, etc.

Jim,
Great questions. There is an actually difference between the two Cabernets. The Weitz Cabernet is sourced from our 3 top Estate Vineyards, which includes 2 vineyards in Oakville and our other estate vineyard in Calistoga. The blend is slightly different with more Cabernet and we age it a little longer (20 months) in French oak.