2009 Denier Handal Vineyard, Alexander Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack Winemaker,Peter Wellington

I have resisted almost everything… this one looks great… I am holding out for some Pedroncelli (yes I know I spelled it wrong) or Twisted oak Petite Syrah, or some Poizin…

Some nice wine up today, WineDavid must be trying to make up for the Cosentino fiasco :wink:

Big fan of Peter Wellington. I have enjoyed everything of his I’ve tried.

Oh why must you tempt me wine.woot?

I say go for it. If you need help drinking all that sweet sweet vino, I’m willing to help.

We just drank a bottle of 2006 Poizin, it is drinking great right now!

For the well being of my bank account, I sincerely hope Robert Craig is not up next…

Oh me too. I almost went by Robert Craig when we were in Napa a few months ago. We arranged so much time at Dunn we didn’t have time to make an appt. at Robert Craig. Good stuff, that Howell Mountain juice!

Is Glenn Elen near Glen Ellen? Duh, woot.

Maybe Glenn Elen was in Glen Ellen. :slight_smile:

Oh God please say it isn’t so!

FedEx Ground -Adult Signature Required-U.S.

Anticipated ship date Jul 20, 2011

Estimated delivery Jul 27, 2011

I realize its been cold in LA but with Record Heat in the rest of the country I worry these poor bottle are going… I don’t even want to think about it. Its to gruesome.

Updates will follow.

I so agree with you. This is my first wine woot and I so wanted to wait until fall before I bought anything because I live in Dallas and it is horrendously hot here. Estimated delivery time was supposed to be today, July 26, but now it’s saying July 27. I’m tempted to have it held at a FedEx location near me and just pick it up. Hope it arrives intact and not baked. :frowning:

Tracking still show expected delivery for today (27th) however there are no details. FedEx says hold at facility is not an option for me here. Also I cant really have boxes of wine delivered to the Naval Hospital my wife works at so no business address to send to either. This is my second wine Woot the last one was warm when it got her but ok.

My issue is making sure some one is here to receive the package that is mostly why I pay for tracking on other things.
Not sure who is running the shipping on this one they may have just made the labels so FedEx expected them to ship but are holding them for a few days hoping the big heat bubble would move before they ship. I’m out of town first week of august so if it holds that long it will get routed back as undeliverable and for sure cooked.

Hooray!

Jul 27, 2011 9:28 PM
Arrived at FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH

Jul 29, 2011 12:46 PM Delivered

Bottles arrived warm to the touch but not hot.
One cork was sitting higher than the other two.
Everything looks fine though.

WOW!

This wine is a lot of fun. Very great and full mouthfeel. It has a light, soft, very beautiful and inviting violet color around the edges but a very deep purple at the heart of the wine. This wine looks gorgeous

First taste from the bottle was very spicy. It tastes pretty jammy. All around a really enjoyable wine.

I wish I had picked up more. What a beautiful wine…