2012 EBW Bracketology

You’re too late, but check below to see how things turned out!

You thought I forgot didn’t you! Well I’m here, and it’s time for our Fifth Annual Everything But Woot Unofficial Woot Bracketology Bracket Challenge! Yes, it’s time once again to make well-educated or wholly baseless guesses about which men’s college basketball team is the best in the land at this point. You don’t watch basketball? It doesn’t matter! Even the so-called experts can’t watch every game by all 68 teams who will participate in the tournament this year, so they’re little better. Playing the brackets is a great way to taunt others as you, with little to no experience, still do better than people who have wasted hours trying to study and predict the unpredictable! So join in and have fun! As an added bonus many of your friends and coworkers are playing similar games, so by playing along you can join and share with community excitement.

I’m glad you asked, [your name here]! All you need to do is go to http://ebwoot.mayhem.cbssports.com/e and join our group using the password: ‘ebw’ (no quotes). You’ll need to sign in, and if you haven’t registered with CBS before you’ll need to do that before you can join our group. If you’ve played any of the previous four times we’ve done this, your registration is probably still active and you’re actually probably already part of the group. If you’ve registered with CBS under something resembling your real name, which is not known to your average forum lurker, you may want to register again under something closer to your Woot forum name, just to protect your privacy.

The brackets are being announced on CBS at this very moment, so very soon you can make your picks for this year! Work quickly; brackets close at Noon EDT this Thursday. Once the games begin Thursday, there’s no turning back, so make your picks! Also, somebody beat kenney9226 this year; he’s done it twice now.

I just saw Woot’s doing their own official competition, so I guess this might be the last year for the unofficial one?

I don’t think I watched ten seconds of college basketball this season. But I’ll make picks!

Fun for all!

I’m in. I’m hoping for first place! :slight_smile:

You mean in terms of points this year and not in terms of getting the most correct this year? :wink:

Reminder: You can submit TWO brackets in our friendly competition.
After completing your first bracket, you’ll have the option to complete a second bracket.

If you’d like to join us and share in the friendly banter and good-natured rivalry, you have less than seven hours to submit your brackets; they close when the games start at noon eastern daylight time. If you want to join in but don’t feel like picking the outcome of 63 different games, there’s actually an option where the computer will make picks for you. You might look like a genius with the simple push of a button!

Boom! 15 of 16 correct! The line to congratulate me forms below:

Their brackets aren’t about basketball. Please don’t quit.

Some really major, major upsets.

I’m kind of torn; I like to see the ACC do well, but I also like to see Duke lose, though I had to tread softly tonight with my diehard Duke co-worker who was starting to get angry as people she hasn’t talked to in a long time were texting her taunts tonight.

So after the conclusion of the round of 64, the standings are as follows:

1 jqubed (2)
1 Turken (1)
3 jqubed (1)
4 Brian Morris
4 The Real Kenney9226
6 Cruzer
6 Novastarj
6 Pooflady
9 Patti Fuller
9 Turken (2)
11 jessica alba

Oddly, the second day most of us didn’t add much to our point totals from the first day. But it sure was fun watching the nail-biter upsets!

Heading into Final Four week, our standings are:

1 Brian Morris
2 The Real Kenney9226
3 Novastarj
4 Cruzer
5 Turken (2)
6 Turken (1)
7 Pooflady
8 Patti Fuller
9 jessica alba
10 jqubed (1)
11 jqubed (2)

My brackets are totally busted, but everyone else still has a dog in the fight, impressively.

Heading into the championship game, our standings are:

1 Brian Morris
2 The Real Kenney9226
3 Novastarj
4 Cruzer
5 Turken (2)
6 Turken (1)
7 Pooflady
8 Patti Fuller
9 jessica alba
10 jqubed (1)
11 jqubed (2)

There are actually 4 brackets still alive: Brian Morris, Turken (2), Turken (1), and Pooflady. If Kansas wins, Turken (2) will win, and if Kentucky wins Brian Morris will win but our final standings will shuffle. I think a special note should be made of Turken’s brackets, because he has one of the correct championship teams in each bracket and will do well with no matter who wins.

Both brackets may do well, but as the Saturday’s KU-OSU game showed us, the only thing that truly matters if you’re still in the lead when the final buzzer sounds.

UK almost learned that tonight as well

Our final standings are below:

1 Brian Morris
2 Turken (1)
3 Pooflady
4 The Real Kenney9226
5 Novastarj
6 Cruzer
7 Turken (2)
8 Patti Fuller
9 jessica alba
10 jqubed (1)
11 jqubed (2)

Congratulations to this year’s champion, Brian Morris! Brian also successfully picked the most games correctly this year; that doesn’t always happen.

Woo-hoo, I’m happy.
Thanks, jq, for running it again.

Thanks for playing!