2016 EBW Bracketology

Ha!

I went through the listed threads and that was all the info I could glean from that year.

I figured if I put this together, it makes life simpler going forward since I (or someone) can just grab this info and update the results of this bracket.

Damn straight!

Tied for lucky 13th! Woo Hoo!

I don’t follow basketball or any of the bracket-thingys. I will watch all the antics from the sidelines.However, our hometeam, UVA has had a great season soooo…

I haven’t seen a basketball game since my kids played in high school. Probably @ 30-some years ago.

Hoo-boy, not gonna be in the top three this year.

Go UVA! And VCU too. I won’t be watching though- just checking my bracket scores.

It’s still early?

When your projected winner loses in the first round, you’re pretty much out of luck. I don’t watch either, just check the brackets.

Wow. I had UVA as the champion, and changed it to WVU at the last minute. As my signature says, “It seemed like a good idea at the time.” CRAP.

That is why I spent a total of 4 minutes on my bracket. No regrets because I can’t remember who I chose.

i don’t care where i finish, as long as it’s BETTAR THAN EVERY1 ELSE

You have a good chance with Oklahoma, but I’m rooting for NC because husband has them in a bracket that pays!

I don’t like ESPN’s brackets. Can’t figure them out.

Heading into tonight’s championship we have a two-way tie for first place!

1 bestsportnascar 97
1 MaggieS 97
3 jqubed (2) 94
4 Brian Morris 93
5 Jennifer Lawrence 90
6 Jennifer Lawrence (2) 86
7 Michele Barnard 85
8 The Real Kenney9226 83
9 jqubed 80
10 FrostByte 74
11 Pooflady (2) 70
11 SkekTek 70
13 MaggieS (2) 68
14 lucretius 65
14 Melis62 65
16 Pooflady 61
17 hotseventytwo chev 53
18 Josephus 48
19 SkekTek (2) 40

Although no one picked Villanova to win tonight’s game, our final standings do still depend on the outcome of tonight’s game. If North Carolina wins, bestsportnascar will claim the victory outright and MaggieS will fall to 5th place (and MaggieS (2) will actually pass it into 4th place!), but if Villanova wins we will rely on the tiebreaker for the first time in our little competition’s history! The tiebreaker works by adding up the final score of the championship game (Villanova’s score + North Carolina’s score); when we filled out our brackets everyone had to put down what they thought this number would be. Whoever comes closest wins! It’s going to be close: bestsportnascar picked that final combined score to be 121 points; MaggieS picked 123 points! So, bestsportnascar will be hoping it’s a low-scoring game if Villanova wins, a combined 121 points or fewer, while MaggieS will be hoping for a higher scoring game, 123 combined points or higher! If the combined score is 122 points, we’ll still be tied! I propose that in the unlikely event we’re still tied using this tiebreaker that we award the victory to the bracket that correctly picked the outcome of the most games. In this case that would be MaggieS; she correctly picked the outcome of 43 games while bestsportnascar correctly picked the outcome of 42 games. If Villanova wins that will remain the same.

what happens if every1 in the final 4 besides oklahoma is declared academically ineligible?

There will be a whole lot of screaming.

aaahhhh, just like home. good times.

I was wondering what would happen if NC loses. Wasn’t sure if it would go to score or who had teams in the final. Everything you said is fair. Let’s go UNC! Woooooooo!

It’s not going to be a low scoring game. I know that lol! This is going to be a fun game.

Congratulations MaggieS.

Thanks jqubed for running it again this year. I really appreciate it.

ditto: "