Swisstek WEC Wi-Fi 3-Meter Endoscope Cam

Swisstek WEC Wi-Fi 3-Meter Endoscope Cam

Can you tell me how long the cabe from the camera to the phone is>

Hi there. Are you ask something different than the 3 meter cable noted?

It’s wifi so there is no cable. You connect your phone and the Endoscope to your wifi, likely via their app.

Am I the only one wondering if this is safe on humans? Or even just “animal-safe” in general?

Nope, just you.

3 Likes

Just got mine over the weekend. Android users take heed: The “Moqo View” app that it makes you use for this one is complete hot garbage. My phone would just sit at the splash screen (a picture of some guy with a DSLR in a golden sunlit field or some crap) and do nothing. Other users on the Play Store report the same. I tried other apps that purport to do the same function and couldn’t get a connection. Finally had to break out the iPad and download it on the App store. It’s still a dumpster fire of an app, but it at least lets me use the thing I bought. Camera features are pretty nice, too! Now to find whoever coded Moqo View and give them a free colonoscopy.

5 Likes

1800callatt,

It looks like it’s the same model as this: DEPSTECH Official Website | Borescopes, Webcams, Endoscopes, Otoscopes (at least the pictures are the same.) Perhaps the Depstech app will work better? I ordered two of them last night. For $20/each, I figured I didn’t have much to lose.

Mark

1 Like

Got one, works great. You don’t need the wifi part if you have mini USB you can just get the app and plug the camera into your phone

Appreciate the suggestion. I tried a few different apps for different endoscopes, but they didn’t seem to do it for me. Weird, since like most Chinese electronics, they’re all the same product with different word salad brand names. Maybe I’ll see if that one goes.

I bought one of these on here previously. I still haven’t used it, because no app I could find via the included instructions or QR code didn’t look like a one-way ticket to malware. Seriously hinky, and based on the other comments, I probably couldn’t even use my borescope while I was being infected.

2 Likes

HEADS UP: The description says 2MP several times, but the specs say the resolution is 1280Ă—720, which is just under one megapixel. Lies!

3 Likes

Did this really work for you on Android? When I plug the endoscope direct into the Micro-USB port on the Android phone, the LEDs on the endoscope, but I get no picture in the lousy moqo view app.

1 Like

To those who have it, is the focal length more than an inch or two?

Have an older wired only version and it is is near useless for inspecting inside walls.

Need to do some research to find one with better focal length - and higher resolution - even if it costs twice as much.

Where are you considering sticking this thing? Wait… never mind.

Has anyone actually gotten the app to work? It loads to the splash screen and then does nothing. This item is useless without it, if you want to use the wifi. I wouldn’t recommend it.