23andMe Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service

The company is touting it. It is not an standard accepted tool and the defendant’s attorneys could turn it around to cast doubt to the judge and if needed the jury that untried technology and potential falsification of incomplete evidence is not admissible.

The article is not reportage of successful application. Rather describes a company’s product and the judge in the reported case did having misgivings.

1 Like

Please stop sending samples of Subway’s tuna. Cooked meat does not contain identifiable DNA of the animal it was made of it.

What you need is a mass spectrometer, with caveats.

2 Likes

When will the tin foil gets be available for the paranoid?

Be very careful with this purchase.
I got a sister out of this deal last time.

4 Likes

Hopefully it wasn’t whomever you were currently heading to a third date.

1 Like

Pay us to sell your information so others can deny you health coverage later.

Pretty smart!

1 Like

Send them to your enemies’ kids. 1 kit out of five is guaranteed to blow up a family! LOL

1 Like

All y’all worried about the gubmint or health insurance. No one asking how close these kits are to their expiration date. Are they fresh off the assembly line or have they been sitting in a warehouse and are less than a month or so from their expiration?

The kits have a liquid to preserve the sample during transport. The liquid decreases in effectiveness over time. Or so I learned from the last sale.

Supposedly they will send a replacement kit if you receive an expired one, but then you have to deal with the disappointment of having to wait for your purchase a second time. Unless you’re into that sorta thing. I won’t judge.

that is just nuts :wink:

Yep. A certain country subsidizes these and maintains records…who knows why they want to do that!

Besides sharing 50 percent DNA with a banana, “Humans also share 96 percent DNA with a chimp and 90 percent DNA with a cat!” The difference is explained by other parts of DNA coding instructions for turning genes on or off.

“…[The overlaping aspects of] those genes are just fundamental to life,” researcher Brody explained.

Interesting, no?

Very interesting about he Y chromosome:

Woot had Reynolds Wrap on sale the other day for about 10 seconds. It sold out FAST. From reading this thread, I can see why.

2 Likes

Hey woot can we get these up on the site again. I missed it first time around :frowning:

I don’t know when these will go up again on our site. However, in the past we’ve generally sold these on the bigger sales days of the year like Prime Day and Black Friday so be on the lookout!

1 Like

No simple helmets anymore. We needed
to make heat sink crowns this HOT year.
One of these creatures is embarrassed
to be associated with the other.

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean you’re wrong. Edward Snowden, anyone… ?

Hey! I resemble that remark!

There were heroes too you know.
They could do a remake about 2AM in Chicago on a Friday night…
Woot would need to supply the bags whole sale.

1 Like