24” LCD Monitor with HDMI

I have the 22" version of this that I THINK I paid about $270 for. It’s 1600x…

very very tempting.

I have the 21" version of this and it looks GREAT when hooked up to “HDTV” sources like a HDMI cable box or game console.

This was on woot like 2 months ago. I got it and I LOVE IT!!! In real life it’s an HP w2408h. This is a great deal, buy it! Buy it!

You can pick up DVI to HDMI and DVI to VGA connectors for just a few bucks. THat shouldn’t be a show stopper…

I see the audio cable comes with it but no mention of speakers. Any insights from those in the know? BTW, thanks for the HDMI Television feedback. Much appreciated.

This is a great price and has good features and all, but for $200 I would hope for more than 24"… I don’t get a monitor less than 32" anymore, and my current one I got for $250 3 years ago.

I don’t know why this is so cheap, but this cable will adapt your dvi out to the monitor’s hdmi in.

http://www.amazon.com/Eforcity-Black-Meter-HDMI-Cable/dp/B000E8SY5Q/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Features/Specifications:

* 24-inch HP Debranded Widescreen LCD Monitor

* General Features:
* HP Debranded Monitor
* Black and Silver cabinet
* 24-inch Widescreen LCD
* 1920 x 1200 Optimum Resolution
* 3000:1 Contrast Ratio
* 5 ms response time
* 0.282 mm dot pitch
* Horizontal Frequency: 24 to 83 kHz
* Vertical Refresh Rate: 55 to 76 Hz
* Built-in Speakers
* Built-in HDMI port
* Built-in USB Hub
* Tilt, Height, and Pivot Adjustments
* Screen Rotates to Profile or Landscape View
* Ambient Light Sensor
* Connections 2 Page Wide Side
* Power: 100 - 240V 50/60 Hz

* Connectors:
* 15-pin VGA
* One (1) HDMI port
* Four (4) USB ports (2 on side, 2 on back)

* Dimensions:
* 19.7 x 23.1 x 11.4-inches (H x W x D, approximate)

* Regulatory Approvals:
* CSA
* UL
* FCC

Package Includes:

* 24-inch HP Debranded Widescreen LCD Monitor
* Power cord
* VGA cable
* Audio cable

Additional Information:

* Notes:
* HP Debranded Monitor
* Model #: TS-24W8h

* Requirements:
* Available power outlet
* VGA adapter
* Available USB port and USB cable (for use of the USB Hub)

I dont know much about monitors. This would work with a Mac, right?

I own an HP w2408h and it’s an incredible monitor. (I got mine on closeout for less at OfficeMax, but it was open box)

If your computer has HDMI, this is a must.

Plus it’s internal speakers aren’t that bad either. I was actually watching a DVD over the HDMI and halfway through I noticed the sound was coming out of the monitor and not my speakers.

I’d own another if I could spare the money.

If your MAC works, this will work with it…

It should have integrated speakers (though not great ones), as all the HP LCD monitors do.

It has speakers. They pick up sound from the HDMI signal, and there is a stereo-in to connect your MP3 player ot laptop. The speakers aren’t bad, but I don’t think they are loud enouph

I doubt it. 4 years ago flat panel displays were super expensive. 4 years ago I was excited to get a 17" display for two hundred. And bigger than 24" would only be “better” if you can sit far enough back to make it worthwhile.

Keyword is IF your mac works. hehe

Geeks carries this for $10 more, shipping etc, but they do have info on allowable pixel defect rates etc.

Ok, I know nothing about monitors or TVs (the last time I bought either was 8 years ago!!)…really, all I want to do is hook up my basic, non-special DVD player to this thing. Is there any reason why I couldn’t do that?

I want to order this, however I am moving at the end of this month and am not sure where I should have this shipped. Anyone have any idea how long these will take to be delivered to Cincinnati Ohio?

This is most likely a shot in the dark question, but I figured I would try anyways.

I heard these monitors are prone to backlight bleed. I’m assuming they mean that the bezel and the LCD screen aren’t mated up exactly right and the light shines through. I’d consider that a dealbreaker but, again, I’ve never seen one of these in person. Anyone who owns one care to comment?

How can you compare them just because they are the same size?

If you have dead pixels, just touch the dead pixel with a black sharpie, and it won’t bother you ay more.

Note to everyone else, if a “similar” hyundau isn’t as good, then don’t buy a Hyundai, buy this HP debrand instead…