(24 Pack) Kit Kat Dark Chocolate

THE KITKATS ARE BACK!! :face_holding_back_tears:
I bought these on the last round, and yeah, they’re pretty good! :+1:t2::+1:t2:

7 Likes

Anyone in here a baker or a cook or a chef?

We were wondering if these Kit Kat bars would be weird to add to an eggless tiramisu.

One of the medical staff purchased some, and we are trying to think of a way to use them other than just eat them…:grimacing::joy:.

Maybe it is too weird of a question…:flushed:

1 Like

At the rate I’m going, I’m not even going to hit April before I finish off these Kit Kats.

Strange as it may sound I actually have a recipe for a dessert lasagna with the modification of sweet layers which you could easily modify to put a layer of Kit Kats in. It might sound strange to have noodles in ricotta cheese with something sweet, but the ricotta cheese has been used with sweet recipes in the past. The noodles at this point are just texture because in the case of a dessert lasagna you cook them a little bit more so they’re not al dente. You can also replace the ricotta cheese with marshmallow fluff in a pinch and if you don’t want the cheesy factor. Let me know if you want the full recipe.

1 Like

Well duh. :grinning:

First of all you can’t use the oven baked ready to cook lasagna noodles for this. Get regular lasagna noodles and cook them ahead of time till they’re just soft past al dente. You don’t want them mushy but you definitely don’t want them very firm.

Ingredients:
2 cups sour cream
2 cups ricotta cheese
2.5 cups of chocolate syrup (with a little extra on the side to add for taste if you want to increase the chocolate levels as needed)
3 cups Marshmallow Fluff
1 small bag of slivered almonds
1 package of lasagna noodles (not the oven ready type)
Approximately 12 individual Kit Kats (or 6 king sized)(I personally use the Hershey nugget little candies, & I like using the ones with the almonds and toffees mixed in)

Ahead of time take two cups of sour cream (I prefer not using the low-fat kind because the regular is more creamy in this case) & mix it with approximately 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate syrup. Blend thoroughly. It should only be slightly sour so add more chocolate syrup to taste.

Similarly take two cups of ricotta cheese and mix that with one cup of chocolate syrup. Of course adding more chocolate syrup to taste as needed.

The bottom part of the dessert lasagna is chocolate candy based so that it forms a firm bottom for cutting in the future. In this case you would line the bottom of your 9x13 in. casserole dish with the Kit Kats first. Hopefully you have one of the deeper casserole dishes, as it works better for this than the normal thinner ones. Then take the chocolate sour cream mix and layer it over the top of the candy filling in all the cracks and crevices till it’s just a thin layer over the top of the candy.
Place a single layer of precooked lasagna noodles over the top.
Take the pre-mixed ricotta chocolate mix and layer that over the noodles. Cover that with another single layer of noodles.
Lastly fill the top in with the marshmallow fluff and sprinkle the slivered almonds on top. This will be the toasted crust that is usually on top of a normal lasagna.
Initially cover the dish with foil and cook at 375° for about 30 to 40 minutes. At this point take the foil off & increase the temperature to 400° and put back in for about 10 to 15 minutes to get that kind of Golden krust at the top with the marshmallows. Now this is the trick with the dessert lasagna. Take it out immediately and put it in the fridge or even better, if you have room in the freezer, place it there. The idea is to harden the bottom back to a stiff layer and cool down the overall ingredients. One could serve it warm but it’s going to be a little more soupy that way. You can also mix it up by freezing it stiff and then taking individual pieces once divided out and stick them back in the microwave for say 30 to 40 seconds before serving. You can also top it with a little dollop of whipping cream and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup on top of the whipped cream.

2 Likes

Yum!

Thank you!

1 Like

That sounds pretty awesome!

1 Like

We will try this next.

We made a pseudo eggless tiramisu, and we used the Kit Kat bars one of the staff brought in.

One of our friends’ nurses put it in the fridge for us, and when we came back the next day. It was gone.

We were told it was good, but we honestly have no idea because we never tasted it.

It was fun to make, so maybe we will give it another go.

We found and purchased ladyfingers, so we are going to try the more traditional recipe (minus the eggs).:crossed_fingers::pray::grimacing::face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

We will do that.

We have a feeling the Kit Kat version was probably on the sweet side, but…they ate it anyway.

We just got some new espresso beans, so we are going to try again with the lady fingers this time.

:crossed_fingers::grimacing::face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

So is stating that :wink:

2 Likes