RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

Where can I skim the games list?

Basically a giant sign that says. “We are Amazon. We could care less how illegal this thing is. Go ahead, sue us. hahaha.”

12 Likes

Why is this grey market item on Woot? It’s borderline copyright infringement and is basically a shopping mall kiosk item. Anything that claims 100+ games is not lying but is 100% faking the number by creating copycat of the same game with different animations, or better yet, most of the copies are unplayable.
Stick with the real stuff or make your own using emulators if you have to.

9 Likes

Is this a retropie machine?

Nothing borderline about it. Clear intellectual property theft on the design, consumer confusion over the real product Nintendo produces and all unlicensed or illegally produced roms.
Amazon can’t say they didn’t know better. Just no.

11 Likes

I’m actually going to make some calls since it is still business hours in Japan and see if we can’t get a Cease and Desist delivered to woot before they sell too many of these things.

7 Likes

Is there a full game list?

Yeah, this is blatantly 10 kinds of illegal. Quality piracy products at least have a model number. The gearbest branded images are the cherry on top. Super classy Woot.

4 Likes

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the last time this was being sold on woot it claimed to have 600 games but really only had like 30?

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted a COOLBABY Familycomputer System.

Seriously woot, you must not think very much of us.

3 Likes

We really need a game list before we buy

This isn’t even a great price. Search “retro game console” on Amazon, and you’ll find many different rebrandings of this same thing for around $30 with prime shipping.

I know Woot has been going downhill for years, but this listing is a new low. It’s blatant IP theft, packaged so ignorant consumers don’t realize the difference.

Shame on you, Woot/Amazon. Shame on you.

10 Likes

I’ve seen this product reviewed on YouTube. NES Classic Knock Off Console // Cool Baby 600 in 1 - Rerez - YouTube if you want to see what the Cool Baby is all about.

6 Likes

Are you for real? It’s intellectual property theft because the console looks similar to a console that’s over twenty years old? Also, it doesn’t say anywhere that the games on the console are Nintendo games. Calm the hell down.

3 Likes

Legality aside, these rip-off games blow. I heard that Techmo Bowl is actually a crappy BOWLING game. Do Not Buy. If this pos show up on woot again, delete the app.

2 Likes

Apparently, the Woot community has been going downhill too if you’re all getting so butt-hurt over this item. It doesn’t look exactly like a nintendo console, nor does it claim to contain nintendo games, so I fail to see how this is IP theft. If you have first-hand knowledge of this system, please inform us, if not, keep your uninformed opinions to yourselves.

3 Likes

Yes. If you are not aware, Nintendo is still in business and actively sells and defends this brand. You can also get a list of games elsewhere that are on this system. This is absolutely IP theft.

How do I know? Many years of law school. Since you are so confused how this could be IP theft I assume you have no experience yet seem to claiming to be the expert in what is not IP yourself?

6 Likes

Yeah, [mod: edited out name calling], I’m aware that nintendo is still in business. Where did you find this list of games, and do you know for a fact that there are games on the list that are still protected under copyright?