25 Random Comic Books + Collector Cards!

ooooooooo, i saw me some 90’s valiant comix. drool…

I have no idea what the hell I’ll be getting, but at the very least, I’ll have 75 days of bathroom reading material taken care of.

Wow! First sucker! Do I get anything special for that?

I WANT this sooo bad but have to save my comic book money for Comic-Con this week.

This is a great idea, and a great price. This is the kind of stuff I’d like to see more often. Guaranteed to have a variety, so if you don’t like one, you may have better luck with another.

But do any of those trading cards have Mr. T on them?

No?

Then they’re not worth having.

For anyone who doesn’t get that, see here:

I’ll question you about the reason you know that this is 75 days of bathroom material… JK, I don’t want to know! :slight_smile:

Set of 25. I bought three. shrug

That makes sense, I hadn’t considered the idea that someone would buy more than 1. No judging :).

I’ve bought packs like this before, not from Woot though. It was cool, though they do tend to be where lame storylines go to die. (hello, Marvel 2099 comics!)

It’s all good. outside of the glowsticks, it’s the first I’ve ever bought three. and hey, reading material, right?

I will, however, be researching the hell out of the various issues I recieve.

Question: If I buy 3, what are the odds that I can 25 sets of 3 of the same issue?

Last time I bought one of these comic bundles (back when woot was only 3 sites) I got ten sets of 3 identical comics, and I still haven’t managed to get rid of the extras.

Hey, don’t knock all the 2099 comics, Doom 2099 was the shiz.

About the same as the odds of getting 3 sets of 25 of the same issue. :wink:

That actually raises a good question. What exactly is meant by “random”? Does that mean that there are dozens of different comics and the 25 you receive will be chosen at random from all of those available or does it mean that everybody gets the same 25 comics but because there are a bunch of different comics in the set of 25, Woot refers to it as “random”?

If it’s the latter, that would explain woot staffer’s surprise at somebody ordering more than one set.

Hence the reason for me asking.

Did all the employees go home already?

I would like to know the answer of this question too, it’s the difference between buying 1 versus 3 packs.

My local Ollies has sets like this. You get about 10 for $5. Plus you can see the front and back copies (usually the best ones). Your average dollar store has prices for packs of randoms for around this price without shipping and you can always see a couple. I don’t see how this is a good deal with the shipping.

Same thing happened to me the last time. I’m not getting burned again.