250 Movie Pack on DVD

We usually do pizza instead of nachos (and tequila instead of beer if the movie is bad enough–usually beer though), but the principle is the same.

Hmm… Buy, rip, encode at 1.2x playback speed with hard subs, transcode to formats compatible with various devices (iPhone, Portable Media Center, PS3, PSP, USB thumbdrive w/Portable VLC, etc) then watch anywhere and everywhere until complete. Sound like a plan?

BTW if anyone from Woot is reading this, I have a ticket with your service folks right now, but thought maybe you might see this and get back to me sooner since they’re 9-5 types (or maybe someone on the boards knows the answer).

I already ordered the horror one and would like to add another set (Westerns) to my order. Is this at all possible? Please let me know. Thanks!

In case you wanted to know how long each set is…
western:
250 movies / 15269+ minutes / 254.483+ hours / 10.6035+ days
family:
266 movies / 18739 minutes / 312.317 hours / 13.0132 days
horror:
250 movies / 18918+ minutes / 315.3+ hours / 13.1375+ days
mystery:
250 movies / 19401 minutes / 323.35 hours / 13.4729 days

The horror movie set looks too cheesy to pass up. Sounds great for a night with friends. Now, if only woot would start selling friends, cuz I don’t have any of those.

Would you watch these movies and rip on them mercilessly, ala Mystery Science Theatre 3000?
If so, I’ll be your friend.

Well I prayed for a sign from God on which set to get, flipped my date sunny side up, movement caused the bag to slip off her head.

In for one set of 250 horror movies.

Thank you Lord.

I like old horror movies.

I opened the Word file, searched by “192” “193” "194"and “195” and was able to see the movies for each decade.

The 1920s and 1930s movies sold me.

Picked up one each of horror and mystery. Even if the quality is subpar (and at two movies per side, I rather expect it to be subpar), it’s worth it for some of the more obscure titles.

Good find, Woot!

In for 2–family collection for me and westerns for my dad!

That was the point of buying them! Hello, new friend!

It’s like buying your own Turner Classic Movies without the Ted Turner.

I had to go here:

https://www.compumusic.com/p393670.htm

to get the Westerns. They have it here too, but don’t seem to use PayPal:

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?ID=1850327

With shipping and handling, the price ran about 58% (23bucks) more.

Horror and Western titles now sold out.

wow. . . is it possible that these have too many films?!!?

No more horror!! Oh the humanity!!!

Now that’s funny… I’ll be your Huckleberry…

Don’t waste your pity on me!I know what I’m getting.250 public domain movies,many with poor video quality,many are terrible(read:hilarious)movies,some are true classics.
Enjoy your fighting robot cars and 3-D guinea pigs!(they’ll be on one of these sets in 50 years)

It is likely that I am about to be murdered by my mother, since I am going to get this for my dad.

Buying Xmas gifts already!

Guys, any word on closed captions? I’m hearing impaired and rely on closed captions (subtitles) a lot when watching movies. I’m assuming none of the titles will have captions, but has anyone seen anything or know?

Otherwise I’d snatch the horror movie box up in an instant