3 Gallon Beverage Dispenser w/Infuser, Stand & 6 Glasses

Comments from a previous sale

I bought this last time it was offerred. It was so tightly packed that three of the glasses had cracked and shattered during shipping. The rest of the dispenser is wonderful!

Hi there wooters! We are aware that there was some breakage during shipment from the last sale. Just wanted to let you know that the manufacturer has reworked the packaging on these to help reduce breakage during shipment.

I had bought one of these about 8 months ago. The spout doesn’t close well, causing it to leak. The lid is also thin, cheap, plastic. Maybe if you found a replacement lid with a gasket it would be worth the money. Other than that it is a mess waiting to happen.

Either the pics are photoshopped or they’ve changed the location of the spout. This is a big consideration in buying a container like this, as the spout height determines at which level it is effectively empty, requiring a refill or tilting of the unit.

In one pic it looks reasonably close to the bottom, in another pic it looks to be 1/4 of the way up the side.

Just a thought.

Agreed. They’re two completely different products. The one with the spout 1/4 up has a screw lid, and the rest have a lid with a handle that looks like it might just plop on there.

Woot, can you confirm what type of top the product has this time?

I would go by this pic:

270x202

http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/065d8668-5a68-4953-b8e4-455ae534cd31.jpg[/img]

The spout can’t be on the curve. You also don’t want it too close to the bottom because it will get clogged with pulp and other things from the beverage. Saw this happen at a party recently.

Checking. Please stand by.

UPDATE: The lid has the little bump in the middle. The incorrect photos have been removed.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I bought this in the last sale, and I’ve used it a few times (made limeade and tea). I made smaller batches (about a gallon, since I was testing it out, and there were only two of us), and the chiller didn’t really do all that much as it didn’t reach the bottom. And, my spout didn’t leak, but it only let a very thin stream through, so that cups took forever to fill.

Assuming the breakage problem is resolved, the dispenser worked great, once I replaced the spigot with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IX87W1Q.

A few questions:

1. Is the spout made of plastic or metal? I’ve been wanting to purchase something like this, but every item I look at has a cheap spout that is likely to break. Is this spout any more substantial?
  2. Is the chiller made of plastic or glass? Plastic doesn’t conduct heat very well so any ice placed inside would be well insulated from cooling down the surrounding beverage. Glass would be much more effective, but like the cheap spout, I’ve never come across something like this with a glass chiller center. Only plastic.
  1. the spout is plastic. I think most are sold with plastic for shipping and probably other reasons that I don’t know.
  2. It’s plastic. I think glass would be pretty fragile hanging like that.

Thanks for the link - I had the same thoughts on this previous WOOT purchase, and will be getting one of these, too. We also found the infuser to be pretty worthless, but the dispenser good for sun tea. Wish the lid was a bit better made, either heavier duty or metal.

My beverage server was completely broken into pieces due to pour packaging:-(
Unfortunately they are all sold out at Woot.
My heart is also broken into pieces as well since I was so looking forward to it. Isn’t there any ways that Woot can contact the manufacturer and get me a replacement???
So disappointed… Big sigh.

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Please email support@woot.com with your order info and issue; CS will getcha fixed up!