3-Person 4-Season Convertible Tent

Not exactly understanding what makes this a “4 seasons tent”. I’m no expert, but I’d imagine that any tent can be a 4-seasons tent if you have the right sleeping bag.

Also, where is the rainfly? There’s no way I’m paying $200 for a tent with a “built in” rainfly

From the vendor:
There are many tents that do not provide suitable shelter during snow storms. They do not fully enclose the occupant. As for the rain fly, it is unfortunate that we were unable to obtain an image showing the rain fly; however, I cannot find anything that says that the rain fly is ‘built-in’.

Not true at all.
While what you are saying is true if you are camping in good weather, in good weather you don’t really need a tent at all unless you are afraid of the boogeyman. It is when it really starts to storm - driving rain, howling winds, sleet, hail, freezing rain, ice, & snow - from a light dusting to a full blown blizzard where you NEED a TRUE 4 seasons tent. One that has a bit more than a simple rain fly tossed over it, because that cover has to be secured (enuff) to both the ground and the tent to hold you down in 60mph+ winds that in an ordinary tent will take you, your tent and all the equipment inside and toss you down a mountain or across the tundra like you were in a dryer full of dry ice regardless of the type of sleeping bag you have (a 4 season model will do this too if you don’t know how to set it up correctly)…
Hell - you could be snug in a bed you had Sherpas bring along and have the same experience.

And you are correct that the type and design of the rain fly makes an incredible difference any time of the year (we need pix); there is nothing worse than having the inside of your tent soaked from the condensation dripping down from a poorly designed, implemented, or installed rain fly (from the FX of nothing more than your breathing & a cool night)

$200 for anything close to a real 4 season tent is incredibly cheap. If I was camping anywhere in the North Country or in the Sierras, Rocky Mts, Tetons, Appalachia or anywhere else like that (where cold snaps, sudden snow storms, or freezing rain/hail have often happened in May or June, September) , I would want to make sure that the tent I was in had 4 season capability anytime (unless you are doing the type of “camping” where you can retreat to your car at a campground).

If I was doing camping where I expected inclement winter weather, (without seeing more of the tents design) I think I might be a bit more inclined to seek out some of the more robust (& pricier) mountaineering tents.

Found this video. It appears (but I’m not certain) that the rainfly is separate from the tent, itself. But it seems a bit wonky to me for set up, with the need to set up the rainfly first and then attach the tent to the rainfly from underneath.

[youtube=cJNLD9I2KD0][/youtube]

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-80121207346754/the-backside-t-10-4-season-backpacking-tent-3-person-1.gif

Other images:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Backside+T-10+Tent&tbm=isch&imgil=PU214sB49Um8nM%3A%3B423hnBzueEhnVM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.campingcomfortably.com%252Fthe-backside-t-10-2-person-4-season-tent.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=PU214sB49Um8nM%3A%2C423hnBzueEhnVM%2C_&usg=__PzWXTMX6owIph5q9RxjSiz0Z4a4%3D&biw=1536&bih=759&ved=0ahUKEwj_6Mm-hofNAhVL6WMKHYwUDzMQyjcIYw&ei=xPJOV__2DMvSjwOMqbyYAw#imgrc=PU214sB49Um8nM%3A