3-Piece Art Sets

Finally got the Starry Night today…and unfortunately, I got the middle and two rights!!! NO LEFT!!! AHHHH God I hate waiting!

Woot offered me a refund on the piece. I really want the piece, so I contacted Art Wall directly and they are producing and sending me LEFT side that I am missing.

Excellent. I’m glad the vendor was able to help you.

Mine still shows to be “shipment initiated”, with no movement from shipper. Getting a bit apprehensive here. Did I get butt wooted?

If your order is still showing shipment initiated I would email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and see if they can’t resolve the issue.

I’m having the same issue! Really want the set, so i’ll be sad if something’s amiss.

Hi all. This sale was stated as

Made to Order, Ships in 7-10 business days.

This would have appeared below the price on the sale’s detail page and again on your order page.

We’re within that time frame so please just be patient.

Your order is showing as shipping initiated because they have to notify the shipper of an upcoming shipment to get tracking numbers. This is normal.

My art set arrived today at lunch, looks great, now just have to hang it up!

I did. Seems I got more lip service than action. Prolly gonna try contacting Wall Art or Art Wall whichever to see what’s going on. If nothing from them, I’ll be contacting Visa.

If you’re not able to find a resolution, let us know again here and we’ll try and do our best to help you out.

They were responsive when I contacted them directly. Google Art Wall, Lakewood Ohio. They have a facebook page and have their contact information on it.

I’ll try to contact them directly. Thanks.