3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

Was in right up until the “two D batteries required”

I haven’t bought a D battery in 10 years.

I bought a 2-pack of these last month for $10 + shipping. Very nice lights, with an LED several generations back. In spite of the age of the LED this light can illuminate a house or tree at 100 to 150 yards at night.

I really want to buy a modern Cree XM-L (3W / 280 lumens) LED and try dropping it into one of these!

I had a dream last night that I could see the light.

Guess I can see it.

picked up a couple of these from the twofer sale of Mar. 1st for 7.50 each. Plenty bright, seems like only drawback is fixed focus, but so far I am happy.

If I could have known I could’ve had a 3rd for 3 bucks more, I would have waited.

Despite the naysayers and false comparisons, this seems like a good deal to me.

LGT previous discussion

What? Flashlights on Woot and it is estimated it will take an hour to sell out?

WTH Woot? I am disappoint.

These are great if you modify them, change the led, rewire and use them off you house electrical outlets. Don’t buy if you plan to use the D batteries that it comes with.

This is a good deal if you can use three. Pass them out for xmas gifts or give one to ur mom.

An LED flashlight that needs 2 D batteries? I understand it’s 3 Watts, but still.

I personally got a battery-less LED flashlight a couple years ago. Works like a charm. Although it’s a shake kind… Powerful magnet through a coil… So it’s a bit of an awkward motion to have to use. Plenty of “I bet you get a lot of practice for that everyday” jokes…

Is this cheaper than a 2x4?

Could everyone buy one of these so we could see the next item!

Anyone know if you can use AA NiMH rechargables with a D cell adapter?

Using Duracell alkaline batteries, you get about 5 or 6 hour run time. That’s a huge bonus when you actually use a flashlight for something besides a belt ornament.

I am pleased with the pair I bought a few weeks ago. Seems like I paid more then - since I felt they were a good value at that price, buying three for the current price seems a good deal.

Eh, not as good in my opinion as the Energizer Rechargeable 3-Watt LED Flashlight that I got through a previous woot-off.

Flashlights with rechargeable batteries are excellent. This one isnt

Pass

Dude, the difference between those $1.50 incandescent lights and these LEDs can’t even be compared.

It is like 40 lumens vs. 200.

People who stay stuff like this have no idea of what they are talking about. I always say, if you don’t know what you are talking about, then don’t comment.

That would probably overdrive this led!

in for 3. can’t ever have too many flashlights. plus heavy ones like this are good to thump someone over the head with if necessary.

… The lights are on, but nobody’s home.

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Not a bad price, and who doesn’t need a flashlight at least once a day? N43 Now we just need D cell batteries to show up here sometime today…

man its like a never ending stand off