3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

Bought 4 of these the last time Woot had them, and I’m in for 2 more. Really good flashlight for the price, and don’t chew through batteries.

Great for power outages – they’re more reliable than Baltimore Gas & Electric!

Tactical means you can whack someone across the noggin with it.

Try that with your 1 AAA flashlight, and see what happens.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/28/fd5fb004-0d90-4372-96e7-5565077f4055.jpg

Still at 96%? This is going to take forever to sell out. I’m going back to bed.

This is up for sale just to “SEE” how many wooters will buy it!!

I got 6 of these last time (got 3 more now), I had to fix the battery contacts inside, if you notice, the contact wasn’t in the center where the bump on the battery would touch it, so I took it apart, did a little h@x0r1ng! and put it back together.

There is a voltage regulator in the aluminum LED heatsink/housing, was getting 2.8V from my kinda-old D-cell batteries, and the LED had 3.1V. Good to know.

For being fixed-focus optics, it’s a good light. Simple design inside, though I would like the beam to be a little wider spread, I usually don’t need that kinda distance from a light that size. If I need down-the-road kinda lighting, I’ll whip out my modified H4 12v spotlight with a 35W HID kit in it. 3200 lumens, baby! At the time, it was cheaper to buy a $80 HID kit (two bulbs/ballasts) and stick it in a $40 H4 12v spotlight, than it was to buy one pre-made. Yea, my ballast hangs on the bottom of the light, but my battery is also 7Ah, which is more than some of the newer ones.

Did I just type all that?

As long as the voltage matches, which it should, you should have no problem. The main difference between all the sizes is the capacity of the cell (and the obvious form factor). The voltage should be the same across AAA, AA, C, D, (1.5V) but just check to make sure.

wow, you take your nighttime illumination seriously.

You should be able to use those batteries as the voltages are similar, but I imagine the drain would kill those rechargeables quite quickly.

In for 2… they apparently have a ton of these though.

Today’s Woot-off reminds me of watching grass grow.

I’ve never seen Woot stuff move so slowly before …

I really like these. Bought three from Woot, then another three when they came back to Woot, and now that the price is down I don’t think I need any more, but tempting. Luv D-cell flashlights, no worries about the power dying after just a few hours.

Do you know what Cree emitter these use?

Not necessarily. NiMH rechargeable cells should be 1.5V fully charged, 1.2 V nominal. Alkaline primary cells also are 1.5V (which this flashlight is spec’d for), so there shouldn’t be the issue of overdriving the LED with too much voltage. When you put the two batteries in a device such as this, your putting the two in series, essentially upping the voltage to 3V. The capacity will remain the same as if you had put one cell in the flashlight.

You’d whip out your what and stick it where, while your what hangs low?

the flashing woot-off lights might burn out before these damn flashlights sell out…holy smokes.

whats the over/under for the next item? 1:45pm EST?

Is this flashlight really worth 11$? I can probably get one at homedepo for less.

Haha! Thats why I still have my old school 6Dcell maglite in the truck, thing is like a baseball bat!

you may be able to get a so called LED flashlight for cheaper. but it most likely wont be a cree LED. which are way brighter.