3-Watt Cree LED Aluminum Flashlight

I know something else that throws a nice beam using double D’s…

I’m sorry, I just HAD to say this. Please Woot! Don’t block my account, in fact, I feel that comment should almost be ‘Quality Post’ worthy :slight_smile:

I use this flashlight daily in my job as a military aircraft maintainer, and absolutely love it. Cheap and gets the job done. Mine has been heavily abused and still going strong. For the price, I highly recommend it.

This is the funkiest write-up I’ve seen in a while!

If no one has guessed yet, I work as a Veteran’s Advocate and always keep a flashlight in my vehicles. Last time around woot had a two pack of these, of which I bought 3 sets as everyone was asking if I could get them one.
I am in for 3 more tonight, and if I could, I would buy a dozen.
Thanks woot for something that is useful in so many ways. (really has a good weight to it!)

OK Petey, I’ll go slow

Last time: 2 pack for $20 with shipping

This time: $5 each…in for 3 plus $5 shipping

Equals? 3 for $20!!! Taaa daaaaa!!

Thank you. I’m here all week. Please tip your waitress…they work hard too.

Now dat’s cool!! Quality post!

I’ve dropped one of mine several times, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc… No problems.

Thank the heavens for you! The math almost scared me away…!

I said it before, but take the lenses cap off and this makes a nice spot light.

Makes a great tool for shadow puppets!

Oh and this is the only light that seems to charge my solar powered watch.

IN FOR 3!!1!

Already have 2, so these will be Christmas gifts. Gotta shop early, forget black Friday.

I’m a guy; therefore, must buy flashlight

Here’s a comparison chart to help understand lumens of popular bulb types.

And here’s some useful information about light output versus lumens; they aren’t the same thing.

Finally, want to see just how much better in energy efficiency LED lights are? (And aren’t?)

let’s obscure the math further;;;;;added to the
bongsolo considerations, confusion should reign…

on 4-1, they offered these for 6.99/each;

on 4-5 they offered these for 5.99/each;

I will let you guys figure out how to account the shipping,
but I think it may be time to be in for 3…

Bought 4 of these when Woot listed them, and I liked them so much I bought 2 more the next time they came up (during the Woot Off I think). They have a brighter light than my 4 D-cell MagLite, but the MagLite is probably still better for cracking skulls. All in all, can’t go wrong at this price.

Utah and Colorado are battling it out for brightest state (11:23 p.m. MDT)

great flashlight I own two so good I am in for 3

The write up goes to the tune of:

‘Handlebars’ by the Flobots i do believe

I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handle bars…

Go to the 99 cent store and save four bucks.

If you don’t want to spring for D cells, you could use some AA to D adapters. There are other types which take 2 AA batteries in a D shell.

You can use alkalines or rechargeables in the shells.

Oh… Aluminum FLASHlight. For a minute there I thought they were selling something else.

I’m so lonely…

Surprised it doesn’t say how many LEDs it contains. Isn’t this an obvious question that would be in the description?

I didn’t see it, unless it’s buried in that crappy poem.