30-Pc Twin XL Dorm Bed & Bath Superset

No, I’m about 5’8" or so. His dad was 6’. Boy just grew and grew and grew.

Sorry times are tough for you. Thinking of you. Take care.

No one bought 3?! And I thought people needed to procreate less.

Debby Downer here:

First, there’s no thread count. I guess a college kid shouldn’t be all snobby about how silky fine their sheets are, but as a parent, I can’t help it.

Second, these sets always…always…suck. I’m willing to bet the first time you wash that comforter (because no doubt in the first few weeks, it will be vomited on by a drunk visitor without much experience in holding their cheap liquor) the filling is going to break apart and clump in its sewn barriers. Further, I note the sewn ‘design’ on the comforter is big, so the clumping will be big and will leave big parts of the comforter without filling rendering the comforter nothing more than two sheets sewn together with odd filling clumps in between. Ever slept with one of those? It effing sucks. It’s not warm…at all.

Third, the pillows are suspect. And if they’re anything like other cheap pillows, they’ll either 1) go flat within weeks or 2) develop clumps and be a floppy, clumpy pillow.

Fourth, major problem you don’t see a picture of the towels. But I’d venture to guess the towels are probably one of the better parts of this set. Even cheap towels are functional for more than a few weeks.

Fifth, I can’t speak about the bed risers, but what ever happened to hauling cinder blocks to your room to raise your bed? Kids these days.

You get a lot for this $100, but you’ll be buying the pillows and comforter again…and soon. So with that said, is it worth it?

I was thinking the ‘bed-side organizer’ was that three-sided plastic-looking table all the towels were under, and a decided lack of a picture of just it didn’t offer anything, but then the last picture finally allowed me to spot the thing.

Now, this looks like something awesome to get, but I, myself, never have really liked duvets (At least the big ones), I’d much rather go with two blankets, or in my case, a sablesoft blanket and a bedspread(? Not sure, but just checked out the packaging, that’s what it lists as). Duvets were bulky (and maybe even stiff), and like people have mentioned, the filling can go every which way. The blanket and bedspread sustained me through my collegiate experience, even suffering through North Dakota winters in a dorm build in the 30’s.

I would imagine that this is a good set to start out with. Maybe in the next few days, they can put up shelving units made of wire grids and plastic connectors, or other modular storage devices.

it seems to be quite good, is it made of cotton? and can be washed in the machine?

WOW! Great deal! I am all done with kids in college, but I wish this deal was available when I needed it. Parents with college bound kids listen up, BUY THIS IT IS A GREAT DEAL!

It’s just not a ‘woot’ kind of deal. I could grab that 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond and have a choice on tax free day and be ahead of this one

Sure, this shows up after spending all last week trudging through store after store as she decides what she wants…

Ugh, sorry.

Its a little late–move in day was Saturday at a lot of places.

I think you just explained why a parent DOES want to purchase the cheap off-to-college set. :slight_smile:

If you were in college in the mid 80’s when Miami Vice was popular then this would have been great… Otherwise the colors are, how do I put this gently, disturbing?

Score…thanks Woot! College bound daughter gave the thumbs up and we’re in for one! A few less aisles to roam in the big box stores :slight_smile:

Hey, what’s going on here?

Two pillows?
A zippered mattress protector?
Bed-side storage unit?
Washcloths?!!

No single male needs these things!

Unless… he’s not alone.

This is so great!!! You could even coordinate with the computer-appointed roommates and get the same set, or, more likely, sets of two different coordination colors!!! Woot! Woot!

(my college roomies and i are all still best friends 30 yrs later, and i can still remember the other girls’ coordinating comforters . . . )

This is a nifty set. And, if you’re a parent or off to college kid - for the love of all that is good and sacred in this world - check with the Housing/Residence Life department to see if bed risers are allowed or necessary. The same goes with anything you send your kid off with (microwaves, refrigerators, mounted swords - for real, I’m a recovering Resident Director)

As

That lime green and sky blue combo makes it look like a smurf puked!

I think I am in for 3.

Send one set this year (move in day is next friday, so perfect timing)

and save the other ones for when these ware out.

for move out, will probably just pitch them if they hold up… after spending a year in a college dorm, I don’t think we’ll want them back : )

just a note to others, yes Twin XL is by far the most common, the 4 colleges we visited, all of them used TwinXL.

also, we picked up something similar from our local Target for $60 about 3 weeks ago, but had no towels or bathroom storage things in it…

I’ve sent three children off to college, and I agree…this is all necessary! The timing is good for me. Move-in day is Friday for my youngest son, so we were planning to buy all of this on Wednesday night. Woot just changed my plans for the week!
I know this won’t arrive in time, so I’ll be sending him off with one sheet and light throw, and will have this shipped directly to his dorm!
Thank you Woot!

Sorry to hear things aren’t going well. if there’s anything i can help with, message me.