30 Piece Emergency Roadside Kit

Antenna TVs won’t be worthless, just digital.

Get a converter box. My tax dollars are even paying you $80 to get two of them.

http://www.dtv2009.gov

I’ve actually used these jumper cables in an emergency.
Yes they are short, and that may take some careful positioning to get donor and recipient batteries as close as possible.
Honda Civic >> ancient Volvo 240DL.
No problem.

Yes, I kept my engine running, and yes I made sure I had decent contacts on both sides. Insulation did not melt (or even get noticeably warm).

How many ‘cars’ out there are actually trucks?

Got one for free on Buy.com not too long ago. It was worth the price.

CRAP… I bought this a while back but its all crappy chinease stuff. Im ashamed that so many other people in my state bought this.

Does this work with a Mac?

Crap? Probably…

But I have to laugh when we wooters are complaining about it at $8.00…

there’s another deal of the day site that has this very same set for $30 today… Imagine how the suckers that bought that one will feel?!?

There’s one in every crowd…

Yes. It will work with a Mac, but ONLY if you connect the other end of the jumper cables to a dual-core powered PC… Be sure to reverse the polarity of the cables to ensure you don’t fry both machines.

I hope you found this useful.

Buy 3.

Is this the one with jumper cables that melt when used? :slight_smile:

I might have missed it, but where did you read that there were 12 assorted terminals and fuses?

Stay Away!!! The company i work for had these same kits as a giveaway item… The Jumper cables are garbage. There was some sort of problems… they weren’t UL listed, or weren’t certified, and we had to take the jumper cables out of the kit if we wanted to keep giving them out. Clothes pins & speaker wire would give you an idea of the build quality & wire gauge! Then w/o the jumper cables, you’re left with a minimal tool kit of VERY suspect quality. If you’re depending on this kit to help out in an emergency… DON’T!!

/I think ours was billed as a 40-50 piece set… came with 10-20 plastic zip ties!

//Plus the gloves will only fit if you have freakishly small hands

They forgot a step in the recipe:
“Test for doneness by inserting the tire pressure gauge into the cake. When the gauge comes out clean, the cake is done.”

8 bucks doth not a gripe make.

Skinny jumpers? Nope, just space savin’ wire.

Hot and meltin’? Ya probably hooked 'em up backedy-ackwards, bud.

Crumbly tools? Call CraftsMan at Sears. He’s got the manly tools.

Let’s keep that 8 buck glass half-full.

product saved my butt. Thanks Woot!