RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

Anyone know the list of games that comes with this thing?

2 Likes

I am highly intrigued by this, but just like Samoline, I’d be interested in the games on this device. Almost looks like it could be a raspberry pi in an NES shell.

From a previous listing of this item.

Read the read of the thread. There’s a lot of stuff about piracy and what not but I believe there are also some people who purchased this and weren’t too thrilled…

1 Like

Maybe Woot will have the actual NES Classic, and folks can update the software themselves afterwards.

Hi! Just to be clear, these games are not pirated and there are no IP issues at all. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s a fun gift for people with 8-bit nostalgia.

Oh, I wasn’t insinuating anything. Just summarizing the rest of the topic so they could find what they needed. Filter through the chatter to find something helpful.

This unit is what’s call NOAC(NES on a chip). These are not licensed by Nintendo. They cannot be hacked to add more games without serious circuit board know-how. Still worth 40$ as a random gift. I have it set up for clients at work.

I bought a similar one at another vendor and felt it was a ripoff for the price. Basically each “game” was a version with various cheat codes activated.

So one got about 15 - 20 separate titles and hundreds of variations. It does not have Zelda or any of the other games that required a battery for save states. Mine did have super Mario brothers and contra however but I don’t think that was worth the $60 I wasted on it.

So, when I log into my Amazon Prime account, I still get charged $6 for shipping and handling. Anyone else see this??

I would think they should be able to have a list somewhere of 600 games? I am always tempted to buy this or something very similar at the mall, but they don’t have a list either. Anyone have a list? I am intriged, but I don’t want to buy this if they’re going to be mostly games that weren’t released in the US.

The case alone is a blatant clear trademark violation. And from the screenshots, you’re not convincing me there isn’t copyright violation going on with the ROMs.

Only $29.95 at Target

Review/Game List (Game list starts around 5:25 and is a quick video of them)

Are you on crack?
It is Rife with IP issues. Heck, even the look of it violates the trade dress of the original NES system as well as the new NES Classic system.

Looking at the images of games shown on it, I can easily see games trademarked and copyrighted by Nintendo (Mario, Kung Fu, Dr. Mario), Taito (Galaga, Rygar), Konami (Contra, Rush 'N Attack, Yi Ar Kung Fu, Life Force), EA (Karateka), SNK (POW), Hudson (Adventure Island) among others. And those are just the ones I recognize from when I played them as a kid. And I assure you that NONE of them are provided under license.

And if indeed this is identical to the one shown in the Youtube video downthread, the list of games on the box is full of many more with identical titles to unlicensed games or titles confusingly similar with slight, often comic changes (Yoshi’s Hash Cookie?!).

It’s frankly shocking to me that Amazon/Woot is not only letting such an obvious bootleg unit get through to the front page, but also has employees like you claiming that it’s all legal when it SO CLEARLY is not.

Mine came in on Friday.

Controllers don’t quite feel like NES but the whole thing plays fine.
I could even do the Konami Code on Contra.

The menu system isn’t great but it functions once you figure it out. The majority of the games are knockoffs/hacks but there are most of the core NES games you would expect on there.

Some highlights for me:
-Mortal Kombat 4. Yes the first MK game that was in 3D is on there in not-3D and it’s about what you would expect in a completely hacked title. Pick Subzero, play as Liu Kang in a random nearly non-responsive manner. It was fun for a solid 10-15seconds.
-There’s also a “Mario Space” game on there that I thought might be a Mario Galaxy port/hack but it was just a reskinned Galaga which was actually fun.
-I beat contra but there wasn’t any ending screen. No credits, just right back to the start screen. Hoping that’s not the case with all the games. Maybe that’s how they claim there’s no copyright infringement. “Can’t get sued if all the credits are removed.” lol