ARRIS SB8200 SURFboard Cable Modem

ARRIS SB8200 SURFboard Cable Modem

1 Like

Can anyone actually utilize this yet? I just upgraded from a 100 to a 300 mbps because our area finally got 150 mbps plans. There are 1 Gbps available but they’re super pricey. I was tempted to get a 1 Gbps modem to future proof but at the rate Comcast and AT&T are upgrading I’ll be long dead by then.

I have one, and Cox will happily upgrade my plan to 1gpbs (the modem itself is connected to the 3.1 channels)

But I’d be stuck with the same data cap as my current plan, and the max upload is still ~35-40 mbps since there aren’t any DOCSIS 3.1 upload links active yet.

Overall it’s a been a rock solid modem though - mine has been online for 6 months straight with no issues.

What is that port/switch in the middle of the back of the modem, in the black section, near what appears to be a reset button? It almost looks like a headphone jack. I only see it in the woot photo. It’s not on the amazon photo.

Also, How does one use 10 Gbps with 2x 1 Gbps Ethernet ports? Seems like this should be a “2 Gbps” modem.

Well… Arris shows it on their site. But it’s not shown in the user manual.

Maybe it’s for future use?

1 Like

The description says Cox and Xfinity only. It is in fact on the Spectrum approved list through as “minimally qualified” and not in their 400Mbps tier.

Better make darn sure that the cable company has a provisioning profile for this particular model.

Xfinity is known for saying yes until the provision group says no.