HP 27Q 27" Quad-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

HP 27Q 27" Quad-HD LED-Backlit Monitor

5ms response time, not 2ms, according to the specs on hp.com and also in the listing for this monitor on amazon.

Hello all. We made a couple specs a bit clearer…

Response time is "5ms (GtG); 2ms (GtG w/ overdrive)"

Also it is an IPS panel, not TN. But YAY because IPS is better than TN.

1 Like

You sure about the iPS? Every other listing for the monitor I see in the pic indicates it’s TN and that the IPS version has Pavilion in the name and looks a little different.

We checked with our vendor who confirmed the IPS. He did say that some non-HP sites and some listed on Amazon with the same model # say it’s a TN panel.

Here it is on HP:

1 Like

Now I want to cry. I specifically did not buy this because it was listed as TN.
Had I known this was the IPS version, I would have ordered two or three!
Do you think you’ll be getting these back in again?

I just received and set up my 27Q monitor purchased through this Woot. This is absolutely TN, not IPS. I am EXTREMELY disappointed.

I just compared the link to HP’s website posted by ThunderThighs (above). Unfortunately, this link is not to the same version of this monitor as was sold by Woot. The most obvious difference can be seen in the stand.

The correct link to HP’s website for the monitor sold states that the monitor has a TN panel: http://www8.hp.com/il/en/products/monitors/product-detail.html?oid=20925649

@cutaia I’m very sorry that the monitor didn’t match our description. I’ve sent an email to the computer team and CS for them to begin research.

In the meantime, please contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Again, apologies.

I’m not using this monitor for gaming, so I don’t really care if it’s TN or IPS. What I DO know is I love how it’s working in my professional lineup and F.lux color corrects it nicely for long periods of coding and testing. So far, I’m pretty darned happy with this monitor.