TCL 55P605 55in 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV

TCL 55P605 55in 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV

Posting link to rtings review: TCL P Series/P607 2017 Review (55P607) - RTINGS.com

Their overview:

The TCL P607 p series is a very good HDR TV with better than average picture quality thanks to its deep blacks. It has local dimming to enhance its contrast, and it is packed with HDR features such as a large color volume and high brightness. It also has low motion blur and input lag, making it a versatile choice suitable for sports and video games as well. Unfortunately though, its picture quality degrades very rapidly when viewed from an angle, and the overall picture uniformity could be better.

I got the 65" for $399 on Black Friday…and it was new, not a refurb. It has been a great TV! Great picture plus all of the extras that you get with ROKU. The only complaint I have is that it won’t work with my Direct TV remote.

I have this TV. It’s great for the price point, but this is way too high for a refurb model. We bought it for less at Costco brand new.

got a link?

So, I’ve been a bit confused by trying to price compare these TVs. TCL has brought out a bunch of nearly identical versions of this TV with some important hardware and price differences. The one here is the P605, a discontinued version of the P607, but WITHOUT the “enhanced remote”.

The 55 inch P607 is discontinued as well. The price history on Camelcamelcamel shows a supposed regular price of $799.99, but was constantly on sale for $649.99:

The 55 inch P405 is still available:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTGM5I9?tag=rtings-tv-ph11a-20&ie=UTF8

Currently at a close-to-lowest price of $349.99, down from a supposed regular price of $599.99, but constantly “on sale” for between $400-$450:

The P607 is objectively better than the P405, an in-depth comparison can be found here:

The main difference between the P607 and P605, according to TCL’s twitter, is the lack of an enhanced remote, along with a “headphone jack, voice search, and remote finder button.”:

The price difference was originally $50, the OEM remote can be purchased for around $35 now:

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Remote-Voice-Gaming-Headphone/dp/B07F2NK7BD/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1IC8YE0UNNH9W&keywords=tcl+enhanced+remote&qid=1547832597&s=Electronics&sprefix=tcl+en%2Celectronics%2C185&sr=1-6-catcorr

Happy Wooting!

This is a very good price. The P405, which is a 4 year old 2 generations ago TCL goes for this price. This P605 goes for $600 new.

Is the UPC number actually ‘8.46042E+11’ or did someone open a CSV in excel?

1 Like

I bought the p605 last year for full price. Added a sound bar and I had a an amazing home theater for $700. As a refurb this price is a steal. Can’t go wrong here.

This model was the wirecutter’s top rated TV a year ago, when I paid the full $600 asking price at Best Buy (which I seem to recall was the only place that had this one, as opposed to the 607 with the fancier remote). I use it with a Harmony remote or the Roku phone app remote, works great!

Recommended!