Singer 2263 Simple Sewing Machine

Singer 2263 Simple Sewing Machine

Is it 220V compatible?

This is designed for 110-120v only.

You can get a tiny plastic sewing machine like that one, or you can get one of these:

You can find these at Goodwill, or just about any antique store or yard sale. They’re built to last, sew through just about anything, and usually dirt cheap because few people sew anymore and there’s no demand for them. The one in the picture is 62 years old; we paid $22.50 for it at a thrift store and all it needed was to be cleaned and oiled. (I did refinish the top of the table, though.) My wife uses it as a production machine for her teddy bear business and it never skips a stitch.

I mention this only because it’s a shame to spend money on a flimsy plastic gadget when these excellent, durable machines are going to landfills.

4 Likes

Absolutely agreed with dwasifar. I have a Singer featherweight from the 50s and love it. No plastic parts there! Always reliable and it’s so heavy that you can add it to your weight training regimen.

So is this a 90 day or one year warranty?

The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box.

Instruction Manual

Quick Start Guide

Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, PO Boxes, and APO addresses is not available for this item

Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty

Also, I really wish I had my grandmother’s Singer. My brother got it. That thing was a workhorse.

It’s a one-year warranty.

1 Like

Hard to find one (the sewing machine) in that condition though. I have been looking.

1 Like

You will be very lucky to find a featherweight for that price. I have 4 of them and have paid from $30 at Goodwill to over $350 from an antique dealer. There is a big market for these among seamstresses and quilters. They are not as easy to buy as suggested. With that being said…this refurbished Singer is a good deal for someone who wants to learn and doesn’t want to commit to a huge price. I have sewn on this machine and it’s easy to use and even though it’s not a durable as the all steel framed machines, it does fine for someone learning or for light mending and small household projects.

1 Like

Yep. It’s also highly dependent on area.

My “not a featherweight” 99k was $40 from a thrift store and it needed servicing. No doubt the old machines are sturdy but old machines have few stitch styles and/or limited to stitch length. Buttonholes? Zig-zag stitches? A modern “plastic” machine wins here.

3 Likes

Awesome first machine, I just gave mine to another friend who is getting into sewing. Takes abuse and keeps on going!