Marvelous Glitch

Marvelous Glitch

unless you are a white male… in that case save your money on this T-shirt , pass on going to the movies to see this marvel comic based production and just wait for cheap digital download… I mean that’s basically what this actress ( Brie Larson ) said in the news last week about white male entertainment reporters reviewing her movie… of course she forgets that 70% of marvel based movie goers are " WHITE MALE " so there’s that…

1 Like

Don’t even pay for a cheap digital download, raise the Jolly Roger. Give no quarter!

Wait, I thought reporters were supposed to be despised?

Regardless of what you may read on troll sites, she said that she noticed that the majority of entertainment reporters were white males, so she ask to diversify that when touring the press junket for the movie. She even had a study done to confirm that. I fail to see the issue here.

3 Likes

Further to the above comment, here is the direct quote:

“About a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male.

“So, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Iniative, who put together a study to confirm that.

“Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive.

“After speaking with you [Keah Brown, journalist; a woman of colour with cerebral palsy], the film critic Valerie Complex and a few other women of colour, it sounded like across the board they weren’t getting the same opportunities as others.

“When I talked to the facilities that weren’t providing it, they all had different excuses.”

From this I get that she’s trying to be inclusive, calling out the companies sending people to cover and review her work, and NOT placing the blame on the people doing the actual reviewing and criticizing that these companies asaigned to the press junkets. I don’t see how you’re getting that she’s trashing white males from that.

5 Likes

Just because she wants to be more inclusive doesn’t mean she’s against white males. That whole narrative is dangerous and misleading. White people shouldn’t feel threatened by that, we should embrace it. It honestly baffles me that people feel threatened by it. Why not include other people? What possible downside is there to that? I’m seriously wondering because I just don’t get it.

3 Likes

It’s not pie. Just because someone else gets more doesn’t mean you get less.

1 Like