3M MP220 WSVGA LED Mobile Projector

This place has the cable in stock…

Update 4:00PM CDT. My order, which was first accepted, has been canceled and refund issued, and this URL no longer works…

…and here is a link to the USER MANUAL … CLICK

This looks pretty good. But I have personal experience with this: http://www.woot.com/offers/pico-travel-projector-16

Sure it’s a little more and less lumens but I’m pretty sure it comes with the cable.

I have one and love it. It’s only 18 lumens but in a darker room it’s bright enough, has good throw and the picture is pretty good. I bought mine on woot a year ago and it’s working like a champ. Probably not the best for business use, but then again I have taken my to the office and dimmed the lights with no problem. I transfer to my sd card so I can’t comment on hooking it up to anything yet.

Yes you can.

Does this come with a remote control for slide presentation? Anybody know?

This is exactly right. There is special 3M proprietary cable that is needed to project from a laptop using VGA.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_EU/EUMobileInteractiveSolutions/Home/Products/ProdCatalogue/?N=5002508+4294874478&rt=d

1024x600, not even HD. No thanks.

1280x720 would have been a maybe.

Worthless without the proprietary video cable that’s discontinued and, even if you could find, costs an additional $60. Otherwise you’re stuck converting all your movies to 720p Mp4’s.

I own it, and indeed the cables are impossible to find. Brightness and color are surprisingly good. At full brightness and running a video the fan noise is pretty loud. Louder than my Benq w1070. It does run android as it’s OS so you can download apk’s to a microSD and load them on. I’ve done it. It will play mkv’s but I haven’t gotten sound to work with them.

Is this really a special cable? It looks like a not-uncommon VGA to HDMI cable like you can find at radioshack or cables to go. Can someone enlighten me?

Would this work? 10ft (3m) DisplayPort™ Male to VGA Male Active Adapter Cable - Black | Adapters and Couplers | Audio Video

Trying to find out right now from 3M mobile products support, but have been on hold for 45 minutes… will advise if I find out.

Thanks! I REALLY appreciate it! I need something like this, and if I can get it all done for less than about $200, it would be worth it!

It’s not HDMI or mini hdmi. Definitely proprietary. All the cable options are analog. Composite, component, vga.

Ok. Did you check out the link I posted?

Yes, the connector on the projector does look similar to a display port connection but it is different. If you find a good pic of the connector on the projector and compare it to a display port connector, you’ll notice the difference.

I do hope someone can find the vga cable. I have had no luck.

I sense Woot’s going to have a lot of angry customers that just bought into this without reading the comments. This is equivalent to buying a car without a steering wheel. Then discovering the steering wheel uses some proprietary connection that isn’t made anymore.

These are the items you should avoid selling Woot…

Side note: I imagine your MKVs may have been encoded with surround sound (which is common for BD backups) and can’t be played on stereo devices out of the box. I found that issue with playing MKVs from my home cloud on my phone.

Okay, believe it not, I am STILL on hold with 3M, now approaching 4 hours. While on hold on this line, I called them on another line, left a voice message, based on their repeating message-on-hold that said leave a message and we’ll call back w/i 2 hours. Needless to say, haven’t gotten a callback, either.

I’ll stay on hold, I guess, till 5PM CDT when I leave work, and they shut down…or unless someone actually answers before then. Pretty ridiculous, really.

===============

Never did get anyone to answer my call. However, I did receive the following DISAPPOINTING reply to my email request…

*The MP220 accessories have been discontinued and are unavailable. As is with the usb cable included, you will only be able to transfer photos, videos, and office files directly to the projectors internal or external micro sd card memory to display the files using the projector’s internal software. Due to the projector having a proprietary input connection, there is no alternative cable that can be used. If you need the projector to work with any other devices, we can only suggest to return the unit if within the dealer’s return policy, and to purchase another model with standard cable connections such as the MP300 (HDMI) and the MP410 (VGA cable comes in package and has HDMI input) projectors. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
3M MISD Technical Assistance Center*