iPhone 7 A1660 or A1778 (S&D)

iPhone 7 A1660 or A1778 (S&D)

What is the “Grade” on these scratch and dent models?

The scratches and dents on the device’s body/screen will be very minor and not impair the functionality of the device.

Will this phone with Verizon… Answer must be simple yes or no.

The one I ordered was for verizon, they sent GSM device.

Not the one they sent

Ordered (and received) a GSM phone. Back is pretty scratched up but it is advertised S&D. Battery life is outstanding. Alas, the touch screen stops responding a few times a day and requires 1 to 5+ hard reboots before it recovers so it is going back. Too bad; I was loving it otherwise.

I got lucky the first one I ordered that was for my dad was the A1660 that was compatible with Verizon. I ordered another A1660 for myself and they sent the incorrect phone. I contacted customer service, sent back the incorrect phone and they sent me another incorrect GSM only phone. The A1778 does not work on Verizon.

My daughter just received the A1660. Verizon says it is not compatible, even though Woot device check feature said it was okay. This will be returned to Woot. What a hassle.

That’s odd. I researched quite a few resources and they all say that it is compatible with Verizon. Here’s one of the links I had a look at. Are you sure she actually got the A1660 and not the A1778?

I am so glad I didn’t buy one of these. Sometimes woot is awesome … other times; not so much.

1 Like

Receive a GSM phone. A phone with scratches and this is the smallest problem. The phone is bent so do not get the sim card and the microphone and speaker do not work. Probably forgot refubrish :sleepy::sleepy:

If you haven’t yet, contact Woot Customer Service for assistance. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Don’t fall prey to this scam.

I ordered a supposedly unlocked iPhone from Woot only it is not unlocked. This had to be verified by driving to a Verizon store where the employee was able to look up my specific Woot phone and verify that it should work on the Verizon network, however, the original carrier had NOT unlocked the device. The Verizon employee politely told me he could not help. I would have to go back to the carrier to get it unlocked. Only I can’t go back to the carrier because I don’t know which carrier had it locked in the first place and Verizon can’t access that information. Only Woot and Woot’s refurbishing partner, IBM, know what carrier the phone came from and can request the carrier unlock the device.

Only that is not possible because the IBM support line that was provided was out of date 24 hours after receiving the phone. The alternate support number offered after calling the out of date number dropped me into a voice loop with a pre-recorded voice speaking a foreign language that I do not know (probably French). Then my call was dropped after waiting on the line for 10 minutes. After calling back I am placed back in the same call tree on hold loop, again listening to a foreign language over and over without any way of knowing if I am in an actual queue or not. I waited a few days and called the number back. Now each time that I call after selecting the correct option for used phone support, the system hangs up on me with out any message or reason.

I’m convinced this all a premediated scam designed to frustrate you and get callers to just get frustrated and give up and go away! Niether Woot nor IBM ever intended to fulfill the order with a working device. I will be filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General in my state who has shown an interest in going after consumer scams like this one.