Samsung 32" Curved Full-HD LED Monitor

Samsung 32" Curved Full-HD LED Monitor

This monitor is awesome! I have 3. Once you go curved, youā€™ll never go back to flat boring monitors.

32" is a great size and this deal is awesome. Refurb is mostly code for 'somebody ordered it but sent it back. Just got tested and repackaged, Iā€™ve found. These are NEW!

2 Likes

If I didnā€™t already have two monitors, Iā€™d probably jump for this.

How are they with gaming and video?

Iā€™d previously picked up a Samsung SE310 24 inch non-curved and itā€¦ smudgedā€¦ heavy motion.

Anyone know the refresh rate? Canā€™t do less than 144.

Itā€™s 60Hz.

Wow, thatā€™s an impressive setup. Does it give you a tan?

1 Like

Well, @canyontrader, except that you donā€™t know if these are new or what may have been done to refurbish these. :thinking:

Factory reconditioned always scares me.

Donā€™t buy it unless you can tolerate mediocrity.

This monitori looks great ā€“ except for the images on the screen. I bought one of these a year or so ago and was extremely disappointed by the ā€œvisual experienceā€ and faulty control buttons. The screen resolution of a 32 inch screen needs to be higher than the 1920 x 1080 available on this monitor unless you can tolerate fuzzy fonts. It just didnā€™t have the sharpness to which I had grown accustomed on my previous Samsung monitors (the largest of which was 24-inches). Nothing could sharpen the text enough. In addition, the buttons controlling the screenā€™s menus were faulty (could just be bad luck) and rarely worked. Fortunately, newegg.com accepted the return and I purchased the 32-inch Samsung S32D850T flat screen LED monitor with a higher 2590 x 1440 resolution. It was well worth the moderately higher price.

So if you can tolerate the less sharp image - go for this which sounds like a refurbished model given the short 90-day warranty (new Samsung monitors have at least a 1 year warranty - and Samsung is very good about honoring its warranties on monitors). But if you type a lot of text on your computer, this model isnā€™t up to the task. Youā€™ve been warned.

2 Likes

The one I got did not have a tilt screen and I have to prop up the legs with AA batteries to get a good view.

Why the heck do manufacturers manufacture monitors as weak as this? 32 inch displays should be default resolution of 4k at minimum. It seems a complete waste to produce these when those superior monitors exist for a couple hundred more.

Try Windows Clear Type

I have a 46" Viewsonic Commercial Display Monitor (1080p) from Woot! and Clear Type works great
Iā€™m not saying itā€™s as good as ā€˜whateverā€™ but I have no problems with text after running Clear Type

Yeah I would hope that you could get a superior monitor if you double or triple the price. When you start your hardware company you can make all your 32 inch monitors 4K. I imagine a lot of the people who are buying this monitor arenā€™t spending hours upon hours on these everyday. The target market for these are people with limited space that want something that can be used as a monitor and video display or the 45+ home user who is not going to be working on them for more than a hour or so at a time.

This really helps. Much appreciated! Now they are even better.

1 Like

These monitors have been on the market for quite a while. 4k wasnā€™t really a thing when these were designed. They do have a new 4k UHD for $500ā€¦ so there is that.

However, for the price-point, these are amazing monitors. No, they certainly are not the latest and greatest tech, but they are big and affordable and curvedā€¦ curves are awesome.

True, but they certainly arenā€™t like the scratch & dent cell phones sold on here. I used to work for amazon in their Inventory Control/Quality Assurance dept. A lot of these refurb items are simply returns that were opened, but barely used. More of an ā€˜open boxā€™ item than true refurb. (not to say there arenā€™t refurb items, but, for the savings, Iā€™ll still get itā€¦ and itā€™s still returnable.

Actually, I donā€™t game much right now. So, I havenā€™t ā€˜testedā€™ it for that. I just like lots of screen real-estate so I donā€™t have to play with tabs that much. Itā€™s a totally different experience and I feel like Iā€™m in a command center. Itā€™s just cool (to me at least). I wanted to have an additional 3 monitors on top of this, but my computer is ancient (with a lot of upgrades over the yearsā€¦ itā€™s a frankenputer). I just donā€™t have the plugs for more, but there are solutions out there, just that they are expensive.