Orbit 6 Station Sprinkler Timer

Orbit 6 Station Sprinkler Timer

Very disappointed. This item requires an electrical outlet! That is not indicated anywhere in the write-up. Says that it uses 2 AA batteries (not included). However, it uses a small battery to retain the time only. How many people have an electrical outlet next to their watering spigot, outside?
I bought 2 of these. I’m feeling the sting.

UPDATE: Thank you WOOT Customer Service. They fixed this for me. If i had found and read the manual for this, I would have known it was not suitable. However, we’ve had several of these that run on batteries and thought this was the same thing from the write-up. So, I share the blame and kick myself for violating the basic rule: DO NOT ASSUME. Woot CS, Thanks again .

You probably could contact customer service.

1 Like

I’m very sorry. As noted above, contact CS and they’ll help you with the return.

1 Like

So I was looking into this more. This is a timer for an existing sprinkler system. All these timers that I’ve seen require AC to work. Their usually mounted in the garage.

Here’s the manual: https://www.orbitonline.com/site_files/manuals/57594-24_rC_web.pdf

1 Like

Thank you netMASA. Good suggestion.

ThunderThighs, Thank you. A lesson was learned, I think:)