Google Pixel 3 XL 128GB (Verizon Unlocked)

Google Pixel 3 XL 128GB (Verizon Unlocked)

Pretty happy with my Pixel 3 so far, solid phone

Writing this review on the Pixel 3XL. All around great phone, super fast, no bloat but also no aux jack or expandable storage like you get with Samsungs.

Also, this being a Verizon phone, the bootloader is locked (different than Sim card unlocked, which this is), unlike the ones sold directly from Google. This means you can’t run custom ROMs and likely not ever be able to root it. This won’t be a problem for most people, but if you’re a power user who likes to have total control over your phone, it might be worth getting a non-Verizon version. Otherwise, this price is great.

3 Likes

How is the battery life on it? Will it last a full day with moderate use (mostly browsing, very light video)?

I ordered one of these direct from Google, intending to move to Google Fi. I received a box with all the accessories, but no phone! Google is resisting providing a refund or replacement. It has been a week since this happened, and they have done nothing to make me whole. The phone may be OK, but you might want to stay away from Google Fi.

I have been very happy with my 3xl that I bought from Google and use on Verizon. Really enjoy getting the most recent updates, qi charging, and the amazing camera.

Nope, won’t do it. I won’t buy a phone with a lazy huge notch on it no matter the price point. I’ll stick to my pixel 2 xl until Google figures out how to make their own phone and not just try to hop on bandwagons.

2 Likes

Just say no to the Notch, kids.

Are these scratch and dent?

This one is a head scratcher when you can get a BRAND NEW Samsung S9 for Less than $500. But people waste good money every day.

1 Like

The description says 64GB. Might want to edit it.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this phone is equal to the Google Pixel 3 XL (G013C)?

Am I right to assume this would not be port-able to Fi?

Is this new? if so, who is responsible for the one year warranty? Verizon or Google? Thanks in advance!

All US Pixels are supposed to be compatible on any US network (since they have all of the US bands).

HOWEVER, the Pixel 3 (and XL) have had issues, since Verizon SIM locked them (even though a certain FCC deal had prohibited that). Things have been going both ways since October.

2 Likes

It’s refurbished.

I’ve dealt with Google support for each Pixel model, and they are very good (for me at least) in honoring the warranty for Verizon edition phones.

I just dealt with them 2 weeks ago for a Pixel 3, so…

Still not the worst deal. In my eyes it represents the best of the worst aspects of modern phone design features that are now ubiquitous. I’d instantly be in for one if I had en extra half G. Alas my Galaxy S5 chugs like the timeless steam engine it is.

What you said is spot on. REALLY wish woot would stop with all the verizon phones and their locked bootloaders. UGH!

Always video yourself opening boxes of expensive things. Then you have proof if it isn’t there or if it is busted up.

We’ve ordered a total of 6 phones from google play store through google fi and never had any issues with the device nor activation.