Apple iPad Mini (1st Gen) 7.9" Tablet

Apple iPad Mini (1st Gen) 7.9" Tablet

Does anyone have a 1st gen mini that they still use today? If so how is it holding up as far as performance and what not???

Just wondering if its worth the price or better getting a newer but not brand new version for the kids? LOL

I have one. It is still nice and fast and can still play spotify, but it no longer supports Netflix because apple’s new OS is not supported. It’s now just a music browsing machine. I don’t play games so not sure if they are still being supported for it.

I used mine up until a week ago when I left it on an airplane…I play Angry Birds w/Friends and a couple other games, Facebook. Got mine for $10 at a pawn shop so it’s hard to buy another one. But it worked great for web surfing and as a slave to my iPhone SE. I love they way texting syncs to either device.

I’m in for one!

1 Like

So this won’t update past iOS 9.5.3. Not a problem so far as I got all my old apps on it and they downgraded to work. But it wouldn’t restore from my iCloud as it requires the latest iOS. Oh well. Works for what I wanted it for…browsing and surfing.