HP EliteBook 840-G1 Intel i5 320G Laptop

HP EliteBook 840-G1 Intel i5 320G Laptop

Does this have Bluetooth?

Sorry, it does not.

I just received this HP Elitebook and this is not something Woot should be proud of when they shipped this piece of junk. First, “refurbished” it was not. Just the overall appearance of this laptop shows how used it look. A black dirt line around half the edge of the computer. On startup a continuous cycle of “unable to boot due to bios error”. Now I build computers and I know that when you cannot even get into the setup menu on startup and sometimes if you create a USB bootable drive you can correct some of the errors but the bios error is beyond something that will correct itself and I was not going to devote the time to correct something that Woot should have “refurbished” when they sent this laptop. So back it goes and I will never buy something from Woot that says “refurbished”. They also have another designation other than their “scratch and dent” (and you can imagine what something would look like with this designation) but the “factory reconditioned” label they put on some of their products, I would be interested to see if anyone has purchased something and what they thought as to the overall condition of either a phone, tablet, computer or laptop.

Sorry sir. May we interest you in a complimentary refurbished :coffee:?

Hmmm… I’ve been pretty happy with Woot refurbs. And I pulled the trigger on this one. (I use one at work and it’s a gem). Anyone else unhappy with what they are receiving?

–FrF

1 Like

Yikes, I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

Well, some good news, and some bad news.

First, the good news:
Love the model, in great shape, cosmetically nearly new.

The bad:
Battery dead, and I mean not just deal, I mean “0% available, plugged in, not charging” ; HP diagnostics cancels the test for both the AC adapter and the battery.

I’ve followed HP’s advice for fixing this (remove drivers, remove battery, hold the power button, put it back together, etc; no luck.)

So much for a good buy. I will be contacting Woot Customer Service to see what they can do, but I’m guessing my new laptop will cost me another $50.

This is my first disappointing Woot, will cost me more time & money than I’d planned.

–FrF

I guess I got lucky on this deal :smiley:
I bought this and actually got EliteBook 840 G2 !
500 GB.
Mine works great.
I did have an issue with Security Center not wanting to open up when launched, but, I updated all recommended on the HP support page including the BIOS.
I also updated WIN 10 to the May 2019 update.

The one thats half this price on eBay?

Cheapest one on eBay is 299

UPDATE: Metro Refurb was very helpful and sent me a new battery. I am very pleased with how quickly everyone I worked with helped me (including Wood support). The new battery is not top of the line, but it does appear to be decent. After a full charge, it’s dropped 12% in 45 minutes, indicator says 4.5 hrs remaining, so I am pleased.

1 Like